Glock 19 Gen 4 Brass to the forehead (BTF) Issue and working on the fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
History. Picked up a used Glock 19 gen 4, 50 rounds down range, 3 shell casings ejected straight to the forehead. No I was not limp wristing, no, it was not weak ammo.

Internet Searching. Internet searching revealed this is a common issue if you have the 336 ejector.

Fix in progress. I just order a Glock # 30275 GEN4 9mm trigger housing which has the new 30275 ejector for 10.78 including shipping.

Testing. To be done.

For those interested, I will be updating this thread to save you all lot internet searching and reading through flame wars.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the thread. My 19 does the same on occasion but I've been to busy/complacent to do anything about it.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
History. Picked up a used Glock 19 gen 4, 50 rounds down range, 3 shell casings ejected straight to the forehead. No I was not limp wristing, no, it was not weak ammo.

Internet Searching. Internet searching revealed this is a common issue if you have the 336 ejector.

Fix in progress. I just order a Glock # 30275 GEN4 9mm trigger housing which has the new 30275 ejector for 10.78 including shipping.

Testing. To be done.

For those interested, I will be updating this thread to save you all lot internet searching and reading through flame wars.

Good luck, I had one a year or two ago with same issue that would also stovepipe every 30th round or so. Not funny at all! My new 19 with current production part numbers runs perfectly.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two week old G17 gen 3 has about 250 rounds through it and Ive experienced a few erratic ejections. No jams though so thats good. I'm just goung to shoot the crap out of it and see if the ejections get better or worse. If the latter happens, I'll contact Glock.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a G26 that was doing the same thing and I think I figured out what the issue was. If you have another non 4th Gen Glock that is not having the issue you can try this.

Take the slide off on both pistols and put a loaded round between the extractor and breech face. I did this and found the older Glock to have a tighter clearance between the breech face and loaded round. My G26 fit very loosely, this tells me that when the gun is fired and the slide is traveling back that sometimes the empty shell is hitting the ejector at a undesirable angle and thus coming back at your head.

Call Glock and tell them the results of your investigation and if they don't want to do anything about it ask to speak with a manager, that's what I did. The first guy I talked to tried to blame it on WWB saying it was low powered which is BS. WWB is hotter than Federal Champion.

I sent my gun back to them and got it back a week and half latter, the clearance between the breech face and loaded round was tighter and the issue has ceased. I think Glock had a long run of out of spec slides/breech faces and failed to institute a recall. Basically, I think the breech face was machined too deeply and they are having to hand fit extractors to hold the shell closer to the breech face. Let me know what happens.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two week old G17 gen 3 has about 250 rounds through it and Ive experienced a few erratic ejections. No jams though so thats good. I'm just goung to shoot the crap out of it and see if the ejections get better or worse. If the latter happens, I'll contact Glock.

What is the part number on your ejector? if it is 336 that is the older one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you said you had factory ammo, but I've experienced the same brass in the face issue with using powder puff reloads for competition in several guns, 1911, M&P's, etc.

The issue was solved with a lighter recoil main spring or upping the powder.

Did you use weak loads like WWB or did you use SD loads that are full power?

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the part number on your ejector? if it is 336 that is the older one.
Ive researched this issue. I have the 336 which is supposed to work in the gen 3's. Most of the time I get a good ejection but every so often one will kick out at 5 o'clock. Ill continue to put rounds through it and if it still acts up, ill see about that other ejector.

Its a darn nice gun other than that weak ejection deal. I put comp sights on it and getting where its pretty accurate for me. Plus its full FDE and dead sexy to look at :p

However, as a first time glock owner its admittedly a little frustrating considering my 8 yr old beretta px4 storm has had ZERO issues ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom