Glock 19 Gen 4 Brass to the forehead (BTF) Issue and working on the fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive researched this issue. I have the 336 which is supposed to work in the gen 3's. Most of the time I get a good ejection but every so often one will kick out at 5 o'clock. Ill continue to put rounds through it and if it still acts up, ill see about that other ejector.

Its a darn nice gun other than that weak ejection deal. I put comp sights on it and getting where its pretty accurate for me. Plus its full FDE and dead sexy to look at :p

However, as a first time glock owner its admittedly a little frustrating considering my 8 yr old beretta px4 storm has had ZERO issues ever.

Did you happen to see my solution above?

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my first Glock Gen 2 in 1991. Every fifth round went to the forehead. Thought maybe it was intentional to help keep round count. 3 to the forehead means mag change.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Gen-4 is another Glock problem child, with the 22 being their first.

IIRC, Glock also re-designed the extractor angle on the Gen-4 after numerous complaints of BTF. When the Gen-4 came out, there were problems with the ejector, extractor and the recoil spring assembly.

When I bought my Gen-4, I had several FTF and FTE issues. Six within the first fifty rounds. The slide was hanging up on the end of the RSA that was protruding through the slide. The first time I called Glock, they blamed it on my WWB ammo, saying that the Gen-4 was specifically designed to be used with NATO spec ammo. After three more calls to Glock and three changes of the RSA, Glock offered to machine my slide for use with a new RSA design. I said screw it and bought an RSA from Glockmeister that was made specifically for the Gen-4 and my reliability issues went away.

The only problem I have with that gun now is shooting lead bullets. It will not group at all with lead. I know, "don't use lead bullets or reloads in Glocks". Too late. I started using lead and reloads in my Glocks back in the 80's. This is the only Glock I've ever had that had a problem with lead bullets. As long as I use jacketed bullets, there is no problem.

rgoodjr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The part was installed, the ejector is actually a 30274. Not a long term test, but 50 rounds and no brass to the head. I did notice the ejection pattern was erratic, some would eject just fine, others would just dribble out. So while I am not done yet, I think the brass to the head might be fixed with the new ejector.

Latest posts

Top Bottom