Glock 19 - Great CCW or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
as you can see from my user name, i have a glock 19 that's had the grip reduction/stipling done by robar and it has quickly become my favorite handgun. like others have said, it's small enough to conceal but big enough to get a grip on and use for matches or just target plinking..... imho it's the way to go. accurate, and reliable. i got one and haven't looked back

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To quote what I said someplace else...

I hate Glocks, I think the fanboys are idiots.

I hate Glocks, I think Gaston is an ass.

I hate Glocks, I think 'perfection' ain't.

I hate Glocks, I've sold hundreds of them at the range.

I hate Glocks, I can't stand the abortion of a grip/ trigger.

I hate Glocks, I think they have no soul.

I hate Glocks, I shoot them disgustingly well.

I hate Glocks, I bought my first one today.

I feel dirty...

Why I chose a G19 over my beloved and trusted 1911:

Ammo- Right now ammo prices are high and .45acp is just stupid high... assuming of course that you can find it. It is possible to find 9mm almost anywhere in the little rat-hole towns I frequent.

Weapon mounted light- The G19 and Surefire x300 go together like PB&J especially with a Raven Concealment holster. Most of the time I'm on the move it's dark and bad people tend to do bad things when it's dark.

Reliability- My 1911 never failed to work... but then again I didn't treat it like a lawn mower.

I came to the conclusion that if I needed the gun I was likely to be very tired after multiple 100+ hour work weeks and it would be dark. My transient work life has me on the road with lots of seedier folks so the possibility for multiple assailants is higher than usual. Having 15+1 chances to save my ass seems like a good idea to me. The gun's only mods have been a Vickers mag release and 10-8 night sights. The only other thing needed is a buttload of ammo for practice and play.

Ek

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a g19 regularly and feel it is a great blend of size, shootability, and capacity in a good caliber. I don't think you can go wrong with the G19.

Too be honest I wanted to hate glock at first but now I wouldn't carry anything else.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In practical terms, it's a no-brainer: for the price of the Sig, you're well into owning two G19s. Having a spare, in the event that one is retained as "evidence", is not a bad idea.

Parts are cheap. Mags are cheaper than Sig. I wouldn't be happy, but my heart rate wouldn't go over 200 if I dropped a Glock down a concrete stairwell. Sig...:faint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom