Glock or Sig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you choose a Glock or Sig for carry?

• Total voters

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited:

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EDC is a P365XL. I have a Wilson Combat P320 and a Legion P226 SAO. I also have a lone wolf G19 clone and a G19x. I can't just NOT have a Glock in the safe. I love them all.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I won't fault anyone who carries a P365 or something else that is comfortable. EDC of a clean gun is not the same as a worst case scenario, and Sig is certainly one of the more reliable platforms over some lesser brands.

Ive carried a Glock 43, a Ruger EC9s, a S&W Shield, and a Taurus G2C. But as far as overall comfort + mag capacity, the P365 is what won out. I’ve been carrying it for nearly 3 years now. I’ve put at least 1500+ rounds through it at the range and never had one single FTE, FTF, failure to lock back, light primer strike, or primer drag. But I also make sure that it always stays clean too.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own several models of and carried both Sig and Glocks.

All of my Sigs are West German, well made and reliable. My Glocks are Austrian and US made.

From a shooters view they all great. They are capable of more accuracy than I can provide.

My preference is the Glock. Especially when it comes to user maintenance. The Glock is designed so that if anything breaks or wears out it can be ordered online from multiple sources and repaired by the user with very few tools. No special tools, gunsmithing or fitting required.

I’ve only had to contact Sig Customer Service when I had trouble with a rifle. (Sig 556 Classic) It was “supposed” to have a lifetime warranty. When I told them what I had and the problem, the reply was “sorry sir, we no longer provide support or parts for that model”.

I had problems with a Gen-4 17 when they first came out. It was a known issue with the recoil spring assembly. After three calls and three different versions of the RSA it was finally corrected. There was no hesitation or run around. “Sorry sir, give me your name and address and we’ll get it sent right away”.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowest government contract bidder.
Exact same reason glocks are issued to LEO.
Edit. My EDC is a sig P-938. Drops into my pocket without printing and is very accurate. A pinky extension on mags are a must have.
If going places where more rounds and greater shooting distance may be involved, the M&P series two is in the waistband.
As soon as I can get around to replacing the Trijicon dot on the series 1 M&P 5” Pro in .40, that will replace the 9mm.
With Teran Tactical mag extensions the round count is 21+ 1 in the tube.

Last edited: