Glock or Sig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you choose a Glock or Sig for carry?

• Total voters

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to sound like I am running for the US Senate, but both are very good guns. Hard not to like a Glock 19 (Gen 4) ... but to me, I will take my SIGs.

Mostly due to familiarity. First gun I bought when I turned 21 (in 1978) was a Browning BDA in 45ACP. Great gun. Reliable and very accurate. In 2003, I bought a German SIG P220. Just as superb right out of the box. A few years back, I sold my Glock (Gen 4) 19 to my son and bought a SIG P225A1. Like my other SIGs, just amazing out of the box.

After hearing about the magic that Robert Burke (The SIG Armorer) can do on SIGs, I sent him my SIG P220. He made a great gun even better. Sent him my SIG P225A1 for the same. They went from really great guns to simply amazing guns.

People should own and shoot what they like and what they shoot best. I still love my 1911’s and my Behlert tuned Browning Hi Power. However to me, I am very happy with my SIGs.

Attachments

• 3 SIGs.jpg
    3 SIGs.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BDA.jpg
    BDA.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 0

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first handgun I ever bought was a Glock 23 that I bought at a pawn shop for $425. Shortly after I bought a Glock 43 for concealed carry. Then I bought a Glock range bag and decided that I would be a a Glock guy right away. Took them to the range and my brother came along who had a SIG P320 compact chambered in .45 acp. Shooting his SIG .45 felt nicer and less snappy than my .40 cal Glock. The ergonomics were better, the trigger was better, and I shot it better. I traded away both Glocks and bought a P320 compact in 9mm and a P365 that I still have and still carry to this very day.