God

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am neither a Christian nor a believer in any organized religion so I am no help to the original poster's questions. I was raised in the Catholic church and the Native American church and I am married to a Christian and am related to many, most of my family, as well as many friends. I respect whatever a person needs to believe in that gets them thru life and respect those who respect my right to believe or not believe in whatever it takes to get me thru my life. Thats about it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am neither a Christian nor a believer in any organized religion so I am no help to the original poster's questions. I was raised in the Catholic church and the Native American church and I am married to a Christian and am related to many, most of my family, as well as many friends. I respect whatever a person needs to believe in that gets them thru life and respect those who respect my right to believe or not believe in whatever it takes to get me thru my life. Thats about it.

Great point - Respect for other's right to choose should be something supported by everyone.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do atheist have the same disdain for Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism,Sikhism,Judaism,Confucianism, satanism,etc.?

The only time I have an issue with religion is when it infringes on other people. So, yes, most all of the above.

I think brainwashing children should be a crime.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, do atheist have the same disdain for Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism,Sikhism,Judaism,Confucianism, satanism,etc.?

I don't know how atheists feel, but i'm guessing

1) there are fewer interactions with people of those religions during the daily life of the average oklahoma (OSA) atheist and,

2) if people of those religions talk down to the atheist the way some Christians do, then i'm guessing the atheist would show some distain.

But that whole give respect, get respect is sometimes lost on some people

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cute phrasing. Do your neighbors know you beat your wife?

I'm sorry, do you have the same respect/consideration for all religions?

noun
the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.
"her upper lip curled in disdain"
synonyms: contempt, scorn, scornfulness, contemptuousness, derision, disrespect; More

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not too long ago we would all be burned alive for our silly questions

It is ironic (in the historic sense) that it is the christians (yes, i am assuming catholics are christians too) here that keep claiming that they are being persecuted.
Far as I can tell most of us are just asking questions. If that makes you uncomfortable about your beliefs...then good grief!
Then again, I've been told that you may be asked to leave if you ask to many questions in church.

Edit:Maybe i should just speak for myself. I am trying to ask questions and share how i see the world.
Is that something to get upset about?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom