Good deal for people with chickens (I think)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bet you could build one for a lot less...... and customize it to your flock needs

Probably, but you need to factor in your time and labor. I know it'd be cheaper for me to buy that hen house at that price, and I'm tempted, but my dogs would never leave the chickens alone.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the same one I've seen at Orscheln, Tractor Supply & Atwoods. They are about $50-70 more at those places than this ad. Just guessing there is about $50-$75 worth of material in one (at most). I wanted one to use as a brooder coop but just couldn't bring myself to shell out that much for something that cheaply built. It's just thin wood stapled together. At $199 it's a much better price, but really I would have a hard time paying more than $100 for one.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People say factor in your time..BS i say.
Do you ever sit and watch TV do you pay for TV.. then you got time to waste and you can't add in your time.
I am with others my chickens get to play outside..
The dog was taught to leave the alone...If you can't teach your pets to behave then maybe you do not have time to build this..
Support another country as these were possibly made there or parts from there...

My chicken coop is like 7 feet tall and 8' X 10 ' and has a storm glass door on it to enter the coop.
I only have 3 chickens...

Latest posts

Top Bottom