Good Luck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight, I had an eight eating at the feeder and a lone doe on the food plot about 50 yards away. The doe eventually headed slowly for the feeder but before she got there the buck turned away and slowly left. He had no interest in the doe, at all. Its not starting in my area, yet.
I have two friends hunting in Payne county both mornings and evenings this weekend and they are seeing a few deer but no boy/girl behavior, so far.
My plan is to hunt every day until something good happens. Weather permitting, that is the plan until Thanksgiving, at least.
Good luck! I'll be in the stand most every day myself.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I’m starting to get depressed. My big buck has disappeared. Have got a picture of him in three weeks. The pigs are destroying my other spot and making it difficult. Really frustrated because this season started out with great promise. Gotta stay patient I guess.
I wouldn't stay patient, I would get to work on the pigs ASAP.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, looking at all those nice bucks makes me realize how much I need a new hunting spot. My Wewoka meadow was dead Saturday morning, could have been my 8 year old boy being a chatty kathy and complaining of cold toes. Sunday morning I watched a coyote cross about 200 yards in front of my prime spot then a few minutes later he came crossing in front of me again, from the other direction, but this time at about 100 yards. Well, I'd had enough of that. After taking care of him I saw a large doe with babe in tow, I passed. At about 1 pm saw a spike buck come running through at about 230 yards like something was after him. Pretty dead weekend for me, but I'll try one more time next weekend.

Attachments

• coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 114

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job on the yote. The rule on my lease is kill every one you see. We've killed deer right after shooting at coyotes and bobcats. Pigs wouldn't get a break either. Fingers crossed, no pigs have ever been seen.
Pot bellies don't count?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom