Good reason not to mess with fat guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta say that if the big kid had been my child the school would have played hell suspending him. My kids were told they had better not start anything but if it got started then they had damn well better finish it. I believe this is why bullying has gotten out of control in schools today. Kids who are bullied are punished for defending themselves. How much sense does that make?

Ditto. Part of the giant problem in today's society is the officials punish all without regard to the morals or ethics of the individual situation.

When I was a boy (insert granpa simpson voice)... teachers would turn a blind eye to things like this. peer punishment is a good tool. sometimes you just let nature run it's course...

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the day when school administrators could dish out spankings without fear of lawsuits. I was involved in 1 fight in elementary. The kid just went to far and paid the price. Well what little price could be paid by a 5th grader. When we left the principals office he was the one with a sore butt. My parents were called and informed of the fight. The principal was just glad to see me take a stand. I'm usually the easy going hard to anger individual. He pushed just a bit to far.

I've seen the bullies get what was coming several times. I have also seen bullies that once pushed back just a bit change their tune. Its as if they are testing the waters to see who is a good victim and who isn't. If they aren't a good victim they are friendly otherwise its bully time.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta say that if the big kid had been my child the school would have played hell suspending him. My kids were told they had better not start anything but if it got started then they had damn well better finish it. I believe this is why bullying has gotten out of control in schools today. Kids who are bullied are punished for defending themselves. How much sense does that make?

My youngest was bullied in school, when he did put a stop to it he was punished just as the other kid was, even though he was defending himself he did go a little over the top in making sure the bully didn't get up. There is no recourse with TPS, they said it was his fault for not reporting the bullying if you can imagine....

We learned some lessons out of that one, we knew the kid was giving our son a hard time, he had asked us to stay out of it. After that we didn't stay out of it...although after the bully got a smack down there wasn't much to stay out of.....

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Had a similar situation occur years ago when my son was in middle school. He had been coming home with bruises all over his arms and back. Kid had been bullying him. He had told teachers. Nothing done. I had discussion with principal and more or less told him IN ADVANCE that if they were going to do nothing then my son WOULD stand up for himself. Principal stated he and the bully would both be suspended for fighting per school policy. I politely informed him that he would NOT. At any rate, sure enough, about 10 days later son had had enough. Son nailed him flat in the nose with bully going down and blood flying. Never a word said about suspending him..... Bully later was kicked out of school for bullying other kids..

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mess with the bull, you'll get the horns. Little fart deserved it. I wonder if anything else happened after the bigger kid stepped in?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mess with the bull, you'll get the horns. Little fart deserved it. I wonder if anything else happened after the bigger kid stepped in?

Especially with a video of the incident having been posted. I'm sure both kids were hauled into the principal's office and disciplined. What I wonder is what happened to the person recording and posting the video - could that be seen as aiding in the incident?

Latest posts

Top Bottom