Got a garand!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the CMP shoot at Camp Perry in the late 90's with my brother.

It was a Saturday / Sunday ordeal, but we got robbed of our Sunday range time due to rain.

For some dumb reason, I did not buy one back then. ☹️

I tell ya, that is a interesting ordeal at Camp Perry, there is a concrete wall and walkway behind a earthen berm.

And the target stands behind the concrete walkway.

While one group is on the firing line, the other group is standing on the walkway at the targets with bullets flying over your head.

When they call a cease fire, we, would lower the targets to score, then raise them back up so the shooter could see!

I think the M1 was around $250 back then!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I did the CMP shoot at Camp Perry in the late 90's with my brother.

It was a Saturday / Sunday ordeal, but we got robbed of our Sunday range time due to rain.

For some dumb reason, I did not buy one back then. ☹️

I tell ya, that is a interesting ordeal at Camp Perry, there is a concrete wall and walkway behind a earthen berm.

And the target stands behind the concrete walkway.

While one group is on the firing line, the other group is standing on the walkway at the targets with bullets flying over your head.

When they call a cease fire, we, would lower the targets to score, then raise them back up so the shooter could see!

That is how the OKCGC is set up too. One of my workdays was scoring the CMP matches. Pretty cool experience.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember them being $250, but it seems like they were closer to $500 when I got mine in '94 (maybe that was because $250 was still a heck of lot of money to me back then). Whichever price, it was still a bargain compared to the open market, though.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up until a few months ago, the South store was selling 1917’s & 1903’s along with Garands. I’ve made the trip every year for the past few years. Currently the store is closed & shipping is backlogged. Hope they get their inventory caught up soon.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a IHC and a h&r.
IMG_20210907_170032849.jpg
IMG_20210907_170136943.jpg

And a Remington 03A3, underwood carbine.
IMG_20210907_170326478.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom