Got another one!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to post that, but didn't want to quell the "spirit" of the guys:hey3:
It was many years ago when I was a kid, my parents took us to the Worlds fair in San Antonio.
My moms sister lived in Beville Tx, south of Corpus.
We went quail hunting with my uncle, and the dillers were running everywhere in the misquite bushes.
Finally caught one, and my Uncle cut it out of the shell, seasoned it, and wrapped it in heavy foil. Built a fire in a hole in the ground, let it burn down, put the diller in there, and let it cook for 6 hours with dirt on top of it.
Finally dug it out, and it was like eating turtle. Some red meat, some white.
Pretty tasty actually, but then again it was years ago.

Possum on the half-shell. Old frind of mine recommends it highly.

Another old friend had never seen one (She's a Ute from 'way up Northwest.) When she came to OK it was cold weather, but there was a dead dillo on the highway out near Mt. Scott. She picked it up and put it in the trunk to show the kids. When it warmed up, it was a lot deader than she had realized. When I heard her tell the story I aspirated some high dollar scotch at her party and nearly had to be bagged. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Possum on the half-shell. Old frind of mine recommends it highly.

Another old friend had never seen one (She's a Ute from 'way up Northwest.) When she came to OK it was cold weather, but there was a dead dillo on the highway out near Mt. Scott. She picked it up and put it in the trunk to show the kids. When it warmed up, it was a lot deader than she had realized. When I heard her tell the story I aspirated some high dollar scotch at her party and nearly had to be bagged. CB

OMG it only takes one day in the sun to make them gagging material. I feel for ya:clap3::D

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granted said diller did not outrun said .45 but you oughta see what happens when a diller can't outrun a .308 ballistic tip.:ooh2:. Let's just say that you do not have to pick up any pieces or worry about burying said diller.:violin:

I've shot an armodillo with a M44 mosin and the 203grn softpoint will make it explode like it stepped on a landmine.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
During off hunting season at Ft. Benning, we would go out dillo hunting. Dump a couple of cans of catfood about 30yds from the stand, and get ready to do some sniping with a .22lr rifle. They aren't to smart, they'll work their way around the kills to get to the cat food. Every so often you'll get a yote trying to get the catfood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom