Got in a wreck tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
this is why I HATE tailgaters!!!!

the car that slammed on their brakes was probably tailgating the car in front of him. that or the car in front of him was a tailgater that slammed on their brakes causing a chain reaction.

tailgaters are constantly slamming on their brakes due to nature of how they drive.

sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is tailgating the vehicle in front of them. like when tailgater's vehicle is larger that car in front. when I spot a tailgater ... extra distance is put between myself and the tailgater.

I was minding my own business pulling a trailer from Highway 51 merging to H 169 going south. was going through the curve ... keeping a good distance from car in front of me... well the AsshXXX in from of me was tailgating and slammed on his brakes at 50+ mph... this caused me to slam on my brakes... unfortunately the kid in back of me slammed into my trailer, flipping it....

I HATE tailgaters!!!! they cause wrecks and get away with it.. since they are in front and never hit car they are following too close, because they slam on their brakes.

So I'm on I-44 westbound going over the Oklahoma river by Dell and this a hole slams on his brakes for no apparent reason. I tried to swerve left, but I rear ended him. Probably my fault for following too close....whatever. So I get out of my truck and the guy driving the other car wants to trade Insurance and move on... Cool by me. His girlfriend gets out of the car and insists on calling OHP....no problem by me. After all is said and done, i get cited for following too close. Now my truck is a wreck and it's in the impound yard. I was on my way to see Rustyzx9 to make some earplugs. Now I have no ride, so pm me if you have a dependable, affordable car for sale.

I have VA appts that I have to make almost everyday, not sure what to do, so I'm throwing this out to the OSA group for advice. Merry Christmas huh?

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm on I-44 westbound going over the Oklahoma river by Dell and this a hole slams on his brakes for no apparent reason. I tried to swerve left, but I rear ended him. Probably my fault for following too close....whatever. So I get out of my truck and the guy driving the other car wants to trade Insurance and move on... Cool by me. His girlfriend gets out of the car and insists on calling OHP....no problem by me. After all is said and done, i get cited for following too close. Now my truck is a wreck and it's in the impound yard. I was on my way to see Rustyzx9 to make some earplugs. Now I have no ride, so pm me if you have a dependable, affordable car for sale.

I have VA appts that I have to make almost everyday, not sure what to do, so I'm throwing this out to the OSA group for advice. Merry Christmas huh?

Well man a friend of mine has a late 80's s-10 blazer that needs an exhaust gasket(doughnut) and a distributor. I have had it running myself with a temp donor distributor. He also has an Astrovan from the early 90's that needs a cam sensor we believe. I have NOT inspected or diagnosed this vehicle. That assessment is from what he relayed to me on the phone only. Either way he would take $200 for either.

Let me know if this helps and I will put the two of you together.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is why I HATE tailgaters!!!!

the car that slammed on their brakes was probably tailgating the car in front of him. that or the car in front of him was a tailgater that slammed on their brakes causing a chain reaction.

tailgaters are constantly slamming on their brakes due to nature of how they drive.

sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is tailgating the vehicle in front of them. like when tailgater's vehicle is larger that car in front. when I spot a tailgater ... extra distance is put between myself and the tailgater.

I was minding my own business pulling a trailer from Highway 51 merging to H 169 going south. was going through the curve ... keeping a good distance from car in front of me... well the AsshXXX in from of me was tailgating and slammed on his brakes at 50+ mph... this caused me to slam on my brakes... unfortunately the kid in back of me slammed into my trailer, flipping it....

I HATE tailgaters!!!! they cause wrecks and get away with it.. since they are in front and never hit car they are following too close, because they slam on their brakes.

Yeah and then that extra distance gets filled by every A-hole that wants to play coy and leap frog traffic at 90mph, or the moron that just HAD to pass you, then slam on their brakes, answer the phone and drop 10mph trapping you behind a loaded truck and another moron on the phone.
I just leave the distance, carry full coverage, and TRY to put tailgaters in my trunk/bed. I have NEVER had an accident, but have avoided LOTS of them. I can say that I have been damned lucky.

What I don't understand is if the accident was injury free and vehicles safely drivable, then why did the OP get his towed? I've been a passenger in situations like this, and the driver was ticketed and sent on.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my truck would be drivable if the right part of the bumper wasn't rubbing against the tire. Plus, the passenger door won't open all the way either. Not sure if I should try and fix this thing or sell it for parts......

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an accident in 2001 on ice. Single-car accident, nobody within 1/2 a mile of me. The officer wrote me a ticket, saying that if he didn't, "[his] supervisor would want to know why not."

That's a bogus reason for a ticket, and I wrote a letter of complaint to the state supreme court over it. Never did hear back, but citations should be issued for suspected violations of the law, not because your boss will ask questions.

Oh, and for the record, I did fight it. DA dismissed it on the spot. Turns out there's Oklahoma Supreme Court caselaw stating specifically that "the mere fact than an accident occurred is not proof that there was a violation." I can look up the case if need be. Just seems to reinforce the idea that the ticket was bogus.

That is a crappy excuse. I don't blame you for complaining......Where I work, you have discretion on citations...I usually don't cite people with 1 car accidents without property damage. Wrecking is bad enough...(of course unless DUI) but with more than one vehicle, someone almost always will receive a citation....usually will always be a battle for insurance companies with two vehicles....The report is an opinion of the investigatig officer on facts, witnesses, etc......keeps it from being he said, she said

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turns out there's Oklahoma Supreme Court caselaw stating specifically that "the mere fact than an accident occurred is not proof that there was a violation." I can look up the case if need be. Just seems to reinforce the idea that the ticket was bogus.

Res ipsa loquitur doctrine.

Uniform Jury Instructions - Civil - 9.13

In addition to the rules which have been stated with respect to negligence, there are situations in which a jury may, but is not required to, find negligence from the mere fact that the accident occurred.

[Plaintiff] contends that this case involves such a situation, and consequently has the burden of proving each of the two following propositions:

1. That the injury was caused by [(name of the instrumentality)/(description of the act or omission)] which [was/(has been)] under the exclusive control and management of [Defendant].

2. That the event causing the injury to [Plaintiff] was of a kind which ordinarily does not occur in the absence of negligence on the part of the person [(in control of the instrumentality)/(responsible for the act or omission)].
If you find that each of these propositions is more probably true than not true, then you are permitted, but not required, to find that [Defendant] was negligent.

gingerbredman00

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:twocents:
I think my truck would be drivable if the right part of the bumper wasn't rubbing against the tire. Plus, the passenger door won't open all the way either. Not sure if I should try and fix this thing or sell it for parts......
I would have just kicked the bumper a few times to get it off the tire, and drove it home..

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that man. I don't have anything dependable enough that I would tout it as dependable enough for someone else. I have two cars, so I just switch if one needs immediate maintenance.

I'm not even that old and I get to where I leave 6 seconds between me and the jerk in front of me. I just assume they're going to lock up their brakes when I least expect it.

Of course this opens up a lot of room for jerks to changes lanes into my 6 second "jerk-free" zone... but I just slow down a little bit and renew the "jerk-free" zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom