Just got passed on an on ramp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were at Walmart driving across the front road right by the store front. Some fool in a hurry passed several of us. Anyone of the people in front or behind me could have turned left at any time and never checked their mirrors. I didn't expect it or ever had that happen before. You really have to watch out for idiots every minute while driving.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a car pass me on an on ramp in Dallas years ago...on the right side...of my semi with 53' box trailer!
I feel your pain. It’s unbelievable how many times we have been passed on the right or cut off in traffic while pulling our 5th wheel down the highways. We are going to get a dash cam to record some of the idiots right before the crash.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think, the good Lord created them too.

I tell my wife everyone’s driving would be so much better if everyone got 1 free JDAM use per week. You could use it on any vehicle you wanted. Might clear out the jerks and bad drivers real quick.

On another note, I got my permit and learned to drive around dfw. I use to run I-35 between Dallas and Austin frequently as a 16 yo. You ain’t seen nothing until you’ve seen metro Texas area’s traffic. It’s either cramming on the breaks or vastly breaking the speed limit. That sign is just a suggestion anyways, right?

All in all, we are pretty blessed to have mostly decent drivers here in okieland.

DanielJamar

Marksman
Reaction score
Merging onto I-44 behind another car. Not poking along. Black Civic with paper tags came down the ramp behind me and passed me on the ramp as I was about to merge. We missed by less than 2 feet or so. He cut off somebody in the next lane over and disappeared at high speed up I-44.
I thought, I hope you die, screaming your lungs out, while you burn to death in a car wreck.
So, is it wrong of me to think that? 😀
Oh, I see you're from out of town, welcome to OK
We have a few rules of the road in these parts:
1. Always allow 4 to 6" distance when following a car.
2. Look up from your phone at least every six minutes.
3. Drive faster that the car ahead of you.
4. Never signal to pass or you will be cut off.
5. After passing a car, immediately swoop over and reduce speed.
6. When entering a highway, disregard the yield sign, and assume traffic will adjust to your speed.
7. Only travel in the left lane (the others are only for passing cars not speeding fast enough)

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few months ago, I was hauling a round bale for my brother, and I was on the ramp from eastbound I-40 to the Kickapoo Turnpike. It was a short bale, so probably only 500-ish pounds, so I was moving slower than normal, but still at a respectable speed, when this squirrel bait driving a crapbox Chebbie truck with a utility body passed me.

On the ramp. The big, curving one-lane ramp with concrete barrier walls that goes up and over I-44.

He damn near lost control of his rolling junk pile twice before he got off the ramp and onto the turnpike proper. I was just glad that he was away from me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to run I-35 between Dallas and Austin frequently as a 16 yo. You ain’t seen nothing until you’ve seen metro Texas area’s traffic.
I went to Austin once. I-35 from DFW to Austin is four lanes carrying at least six lanes of traffic, and it's
B5FA51C3-8272-4552-AE6C-0AEEEED401D8.jpeg

One particular incident I remember from that trip... I was in the right lane and a car had just overtaken me, moving at a reasonable speed. There wasn't a full car length between my front bumper and his rear bumper, but when you took into consideration that I was to the right side of the right lane and he was to the left side of the left lane, there was just enough space for a BMW 3-Series to squeeze through...

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Austin once. I-35 from DFW to Austin is four lanes carrying at least six lanes of traffic, and it's
View attachment 355842

One particular incident I remember from that trip... I was in the right lane and a car had just overtaken me, moving at a reasonable speed. There wasn't a full car length between my front bumper and his rear bumper, but when you took into consideration that I was to the right side of the right lane and he was to the left side of the left lane, there was just enough space for a BMW 3-Series to squeeze through...

If’n you went once, that’s too often! Recommend do not return. Especially if you like English and your sanity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom