Just got passed on an on ramp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were at Walmart driving across the front road right by the store front. Some fool in a hurry passed several of us. Anyone of the people in front or behind me could have turned left at any time and never checked their mirrors. I didn't expect it or ever had that happen before. You really have to watch out for idiots every minute while driving.
The Walmart parking lot can be pretty crazy some days. I'm surprised I haven't seen people hit someone or something.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, I see you're from out of town, welcome to OK
We have a few rules of the road in these parts:
1. Always allow 4 to 6" distance when following a car.
2. Look up from your phone at least every six minutes.
3. Drive faster that the car ahead of you.
4. Never signal to pass or you will be cut off.
5. After passing a car, immediately swoop over and reduce speed.
6. When entering a highway, disregard the yield sign, and assume traffic will adjust to your speed.
7. Only travel in the left lane (the others are only for passing cars not speeding fast enough)

Well now, I see by your profile that you live in the Tulsa area...

...thus, I imagine that most of your instructions given above would apply there.

Elsewhere, one might want to be driving differently.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were at Walmart driving across the front road right by the store front. Some fool in a hurry passed several of us. Anyone of the people in front or behind me could have turned left at any time and never checked their mirrors. I didn't expect it or ever had that happen before. You really have to watch out for idiots every minute while driving.
I wouldn’t expect anything different near a Walmart.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one ever thinks maybe there is a severe emergency somewhere he needs to get to.
Son cut his arm wide open when a glass fell from the cabinet and broke and bounced up and
blood spurting everywhere.
Getting dizzy and can't drive.
Maybe only 3% of the time there is an emergency but it can happen.
House being broke into.
Yea call 911 see how that works for you.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one ever thinks maybe there is a severe emergency somewhere he needs to get to.
I do think that rather often, but it doesn’t seem smart to be driving so recklessly to get away from one accident scene that you end up driving smack dab into the middle of another.

As Jack Carr frequently puts it in his books, “do not rush to your death.”

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son cut his arm wide open when a glass fell from the cabinet and broke and bounced up and
blood spurting everywhere.
Getting dizzy and can't drive.
Maybe only 3% of the time there is an emergency but it can happen.
House being broke into.
Yea call 911 see how that works for you.
With all of the wacked out driving I see every day, if 3% are due to emergencies, then there must be a lot of these "emergencies" occurring every day. I can assure you, no one needs to drive the way he did - for any reason. (Unless, of course, he had to lay some cable really bad.)

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive daily to Tinker and almost every single day as I merge onto I-40 the car in front of me believes that to successfully merge into traffic going 70-75mph you should have a top speed of no more than 45 mph. Can't understand why so many people have a problem with the concept of "merging".

Latest posts

Top Bottom