Got pulled over tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think DD is expressing his frustration that basically the police can pull you over on any pretense. You may be proven right later, but only after a lot of hassle.

"Welfare Check" may be common practice...but it is my opinion that it is against the law & more importantly a violation of the Bill of Rights. I don't like it, and I don't agree with it. And, I will speak out against unlawful stops and detainment. At least when I get old and find myself under rule of dictatorship, I will be able to say I did not stand silent, I resisted and attempted to educate those around me. This is how I see it.

They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do what they can with what they have. Its too bad they can't get a decent administration, because until then its just the blind leading the blind. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they have great officers working there, but without a good upper management, its just hard to run anything right, let alone a Pd.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The key is though, a good cop can generally distinguish most of the threats before ever making the stop. You just get that feeling, which is almost impossible to explain if you haven't been there.

It's not 100%, but it works very well.

On a side note, I have a mental image of roadkinglarry being a 6'2" American badarse all tat'ed up looking like a thug (cause everybody that has a tat is a thug!).

Disclaimer: I do not really think larry is a thug, I just said it for some humor, I think he will take it that way, if not I will take it down. :)
I think DD is expressing his frustration that basically the police can pull you over on any pretense. You may be proven right later, but only after a lot of hassle.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you figure? Or do you just mean in practice, as in, the cop can just manufacture probable cause?
Because yes, there does need to be some probable cause to stop someone.

lol

"Well he wasn't breaking the law, so I figured he had to have been breaking the law".
The system is broken when that suddenly is an adequate excuse to harass the citizenry.

What is your deal? Welfare checks are just that ... an officer is concerned about someone's safety for some reason. If he or she can articulate that reason, then it is a valid stop. Just because you come into contact with a police officer does not mean you are going to the pokey or that he or she thinks you are a felon ...

Dang, you are paranoid ... makes me wonder what you have been up to! :shocked:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, you are paranoid ... makes me wonder what you have been up to! :shocked:

The next time I am pulled over, as the officer approaches my car, I am going to roll my window down, pretend to yell in my cell phone in Arabic and go ape #$#%. As the officer gets to my window, I will put down the phone, tip my Stetson, and in my best southern drawl say, "How y'all doing today officer?"

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next time I am pulled over, as the officer approaches my car, I am going to roll my window down, pretend to yell in my cell phone in Arabic and go ape #$#%. As the officer gets to my window, I will put down the phone, tip my Stetson, and in my best southern drawl say, "How y'all doing today officer?"

**sigh** You know ... If you all had just played your cards right you could of done like I did and just married one of the danged ol' JBTs ... :thumbup3:

They are really not that hard to get along with, I don't care what you have "heard" from your buddies ... Funny how it's always the friend of a friend of a cousin who got jacked up ... :tounge:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
**sigh** You know ... If you all had just played your cards right you could of done like I did and just married one of the danged ol' JBTs ... :thumbup3:

They are really not that hard to get along with, I don't care what you have "heard" from your buddies ... Funny how it's always the friend of a friend of a cousin who got jacked up ... :tounge:

I would have married Michael Brown, but there are laws against it here in Oklahoma. :blush:

Latest posts

Top Bottom