Got Sig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the P6/P225 first. Should be able to get one just over $300

I have one of the P-6 models. Keep in mind that there are some out there that will not feed hollow point bullets reliably. I don't know the year, but there was a design change in the angle of the feed ramp that allowed the newer pistols to feed hollow points.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had 4 sigs. None of them worked out of the box. (Expect a used P220, which I regret selling). They are all oddly shaped to me and don't feel right. Most are heavy as well. I will probably never own another but it seems like most people like them. Oh yes, and I haven't seen one with a durable finish.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just went out looking for a new 45, and ended up buying a Sign P220 with the beavertail and whatnot...I feel inlove with it. Damn, that's what I get for talking bad bout my last sigs. Oh well. Well see what happens next.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a used P226 mostly to shoot in USPSA Production class. I sold it about a year later and really don't miss it. It was a decent 9mm pistol and seemed reliable but nothing special to cause me to only buy Sig in the future.

One issue I had with it was location of the slide stop. On a 1911, I shoot with right thumb over the safety. With the same grip on the P226, my thumb was perfectly placed to keep the slide stop from being pushed up on the last round. That happened at several matches; not fun when it goes click instead of bang especially with the timer running. The choice became 1911 pattern vs. Sig. The Sig was quickly sold.

Last edited:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Sig Pro 2022. It's an entry-level Sig, but I really like it. Came with two mags and Sig night sights. It was a tack driver out of the box. My wife loved it so much, we sold her FNP-9 and she took my 2022. It's her HD gun now. I love Sigs and look forward to adding more to my collection soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom