Government Shutdown: NICS Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
as far as the military pay is concerned, that should be handled by the States.
Only issue here in my mind is that there is ZERO way the State could pay Military Retirees.
Example: I know a few folks that are retired Military. Three of them (granted pretty Senior) have a combined annual retirement pay in the vicinity of $270,000.00, how would the State even come close to all the Military retirees that live in Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Florida, etc???

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only issue here in my mind is that there is ZERO way the State could pay Military Retirees.
Example: I know a few folks that are retired Military. Three of them (granted pretty Senior) have a combined annual retirement pay in the vicinity of $270,000.00, how would the State even come close to all the Military retirees that live in Oklahoma, Texas, Virginia, Florida, etc???

I think there should be a combined state general fund to pay these obligations, and all new members should sign onto a new 401k match that would remove the pension scheme entirely.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UMMMM Folks that make retirement in the military are all lifers. Not sure what you mean by a one term guy.

I don't think you understand what i mean.

Since a 401k with match is offered, it's better for the short term guys. Because they don't have to put in 20 years to get pension. They can just roll over their 401K into an IRA.

It's worse for the 'lifers' who retire on the pension scheme, because the pension was cut back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom