Government Shutdown: NICS Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dealers, what's the word on NICS checks during the shutdown? Are they open? If not, does the five-day wait start despite ATF refusing to answer the phone, or can gun sales be completely suspended by government fiat?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CNN may have reported it being down but it is up and running

CNN has jumped the shark. They are no longer a credible news source.

U1fc51b.jpg

WnBK8xh.jpg

Last edited:

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Government shutdown doesn't bother me -- it's about time the federal government shut down. Now only if we could keep it that way.

as far as the military pay is concerned, that should be handled by the States.

As far as NICS, i think that whole rotten thing should go away. We shouldn't have to consult with the overlords in Washington, D.C. before we buy a gun anyhow. That should be a State issue.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Government shutdown doesn't bother me -- it's about time the federal government shut down. Now only if we could keep it that way.

as far as the military pay is concerned, that should be handled by the States.

As far as NICS, i think that whole rotten thing should go away. We shouldn't have to consult with the overlords in Washington, D.C. before we buy a gun anyhow. That should be a State issue.
It shouldn't be an issue, period. You don't need a background check to buy a book, or a church permit to practice a religion.

Anything for which you have to ask permission isn't being treated as a right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom