Great place for a steak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I was in OKC a lot Cattlemans & Cimmarron steak houses were my favorites, but I always got the cheapest sirloin and was always pleased. have not been to either one in ten years or so, about the only place you can find prime grade steak is if you raise it yourself
Covid killed Cimarron I believe, it unfortunately is now closed. A guy I worked with in Dallas loved that place and went there every trip to OKC.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Covid killed Cimarron I believe, it unfortunately is now closed. A guy I worked with in Dallas loved that place and went there every trip to OKC.

This makes me so sad. Me and my boy would go into that place all the time on "Father Son" day for a steak and some very, very good, thick ranch dressing. He liked to take pictures with the indian too.This was the best restaurant steak I've had anywhere in okc. Most places can't cook a steak to save their lives, or they soak it in butter and garlic or other unnecessary stuff.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back some years ago, there was talk of a huge chicken fried steak meal at Kendall's restaurant in Noble, OK. It is located right on main street, although I've never been there to eat. I think that they have some kind of "steak challenge" similar to that done at The Big Texan in Amarillo.

It looks like they may have very limited hours though. Their website refers to Wednesday evening and most all day on Saturdays.

Kendall's Restaurant

1635383169120.png

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed how high Bologna is getting here lately. Heck it wont be long until the Steak is priced out of reach for the working man. It bacially already has. The Steak houses cannot stay open without tne Working Family that treates their Spouses to a weekly date with or without the kiddos. The Brazilian owned Packing Houses have controlled tbe price thus cutting out the Producer and the Retail stores. JBS packers are making up to $1500 on each 1400 pound steer butchered. The producer is making wooden nickles compared to the Packer. Which is all politics. Niden is making his cut under the table dealing with foreign owners operating in the good ole USA! Sad.

Cattlemen have had enough. They just raised 300 million dollars to open their own processing plant called Sustainable beef. I think it's in Nebraska and should start operations in 2022.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best steak I ever ate was a NY strip at the Ft. Worth Stockyard Cattleman's maybe 25 years ago. On ice and you pick-em while you look at photos of champion steers all over the walls from the last 75 years. Don't even know if its still there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody noticed how high Bologna is getting here lately. Heck it wont be long until the Steak is priced out of reach for the working man. It bacially already has. The Steak houses cannot stay open without tne Working Family that treates their Spouses to a weekly date with or without the kiddos. The Brazilian owned Packing Houses have controlled tbe price thus cutting out the Producer and the Retail stores. JBS packers are making up to $1500 on each 1400 pound steer butchered. The producer is making wooden nickles compared to the Packer. Which is all politics. Niden is making his cut under the table dealing with foreign owners operating in the good ole USA! Sad.
I went shopping today. Untrimmed brisket was $7.99 per pound, a full ribeye (10 or so pounds that you cut at home) that 6 months ago cost $5.99 is $9.99.
A small package of radishes has doubled along with a lot of the other veggi's.
A half basket of grocery's ran $172.00 at checkout.
Brain dead joe's inflation and fuel costs for truckers is killing us.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went shopping today. Untrimmed brisket was $7.99 per pound, a full ribeye (10 or so pounds that you cut at home) that 6 months ago cost $5.99 is $9.99.
A small package of radishes has doubled along with a lot of the other veggi's.
A half basket of grocery's ran $172.00 at checkout.
Brain dead joe's inflation and fuel costs for truckers is killing us.

This makes me feel a ton better about spending a large portion of my paycheck on meats for the freezer in summer. I've still got three full briskets and two full ribeyes in there, but running low on TBones and ground beef. Going to have to stock up again soon as I can afford it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This makes me feel a ton better about spending a large portion of my paycheck on meats for the freezer in summer. I've still got three full briskets and two full ribeyes in there, but running low on TBones and ground beef. Going to have to stock up again soon as I can afford it.
100% of our ground meat is dragged out of the woods and processed. When looking at the price of that meat today compared to what is spent on elk and deer hunts, the current prices are actually pretty cheap. :crying:

Latest posts

Top Bottom