Gun Show in Claremore April 20-21st. Brought to you by SuperDave!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, mutual greed makes for strange bedfellows.
Really, you never even go to gun shows. Yet you feel free to slam everybody. If a man were to come up to me in person and say those things, we would have an immediate problem. I suppose that you can only afford $5 admission, sorry. Gun shows are a business, it is how I feed my family. It is impossible to be profitable with $5-$6 admission. I realize how easy it is to sit at a computer and slam someone who is putting his a$$ on the line to make a successful business. As far as Rijas services goes. When I asked him to stop coming to the shows, we had an agreement that I would consider him for the Claremore show. It is his home town an I have empathy for anyone trying to do business, him included. I will not make any statement about his business practices. That is for the public to decide. My job is to put on gun show. To do that I need gun dealers. Mr Phart, you dissapoint me.

JustPlainStrange

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose that you can only afford $5 admission, sorry. Gun shows are a business, it is how I feed my family. It is impossible to be profitable with $5-$6 admission. I realize how easy it is to sit at a computer and slam someone who is putting his a$$ on the line to make a successful business.

I'm pretty sure Warren Metcalf and some of the other show promoters said exactly the same thing. Again, how were your shows going to be different?

You can try to make excuses for it all day long, but by allowing Rijas into your show you are basically condoning him and his business practices.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Really, you never even go to gun shows. Yet you feel free to slam everybody. If a man were to come up to me in person and say those things, we would have an immediate problem. I suppose that you can only afford $5 admission, sorry. Gun shows are a business, it is how I feed my family. It is impossible to be profitable with $5-$6 admission. I realize how easy it is to sit at a computer and slam someone who is putting his a$$ on the line to make a successful business. As far as Rijas services goes. When I asked him to stop coming to the shows, we had an agreement that I would consider him for the Claremore show. It is his home town an I have empathy for anyone trying to do business, him included. I will not make any statement about his business practices. That is for the public to decide. My job is to put on gun show. To do that I need gun dealers. Mr Phart, you dissapoint me.

As for your fist point in your rant..."you never even go to gunshows", you must have me mistaken for someone else. I have attended many gunshows, even a few of yours. I have introduced myself to you, and spoken to you every time I attended your shows. You did seem like you were never paying attention, so I guess it makes sense that you don't think I have ever been there.

You are the one who decided to start up $5 dollar gun shows to show everyone that it could be done, then have been raising prices since you have convinced most here that you are the fair gun show promoter in the area. The excuse you make that "It is impossible to be profitable with $5-$6 admission" doesn't hold any water with me since that is what you based your entire business plan on.

When you charge the same prices, and have the same vendors as the rest of the gun shows, guess what....you become just like the other gun shows you wanted to show that you could do better than.

In this thread...

https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?154692-Good-Luck-and-Farewell-to-Rijas-Services&highlight=rick+stowers

You stated "Due to major differences in business models it was mutually agreed that we discontinue our business relationship with Rijas Services at this time."

I don't believe that Rijas has changed their business practices, so you must have changed yours.

As far as you being disappointed in me, well Sir, I can tell you the feeling is mutual.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Warren Metcalf and some of the other show promoters said exactly the same thing. Again, how were your shows going to be different?

You can try to make excuses for it all day long, but by allowing Rijas into your show you are basically condoning him and his business practices.
My shows are different, when you pay for a show, it is a gun show. Go to their shows and see half of it filled up with flea market crap. Go ahead and slam me, I can take it.
Make all the judgements that you like, you are entitled to your opinion. I can't make everyone happy. Almost anyone that has actually attended most of my shows can appreciate the quality of the event. I give out hundred of dollars in discounts to OSA members, nobody else does it.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave makes some very good points. It is very easy to sit behind a computer and belittle everyone that is trying to run a business. Yes, he started out at $5.00, it cost more to put on a good show by spending money to advertise the correct way. Yes, $5.00 to get in and socialize with some friends is not a bad deal, but it just costs more to put on a good show that vendors want to set up at. Bottom line, If the vendors are not making money, they do not set up at your show, and if you do not advertise a lot, the people that have the money to buy weapons and items are not the ones coming in the door. Just tire kickers, and people to socialize.

It is easy do downgrade someone using your computer. It is easy to say all this, and not invest your time and money.

'Walk a mile in this man's shoe's'

If you do not like gun shows, don't go to them, don't spend your time belittling them. No one really cares if the people that talk bad about others and the shows even go. Those people just want everyone to know on every gun show thread that they do not like gun shows. We have read the same exact statement from these people over and over again.

If you do not like a certain vendor, just do not purchase from him. Don't belittle him on the internet.

I know by these statements I will have our 'problem people' jump my case too. Do I care, no, because those people are people that I never see in my shop anyway. They just like to complain.

As for your fist point in your rant..."you never even go to gunshows", you must have me mistaken for someone else. I have attended many gunshows, even a few of yours. I have introduced myself to you, and spoken to you every time I attended your shows. You did seem like you were never paying attention, so I guess it makes sense that you don't think I have ever been there.

You are the one who decided to start up $5 dollar gun shows to show everyone that it could be done, then have been raising prices since you have convinced most here that you are the fair gun show promoter in the area. The excuse you make that "It is impossible to be profitable with $5-$6 admission" doesn't hold any water with me since that is what you based your entire business plan on.

When you charge the same prices, and have the same vendors as the rest of the gun shows, guess what....you become just like the other gun shows you wanted to show that you could do better than.

In this thread...

https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...well-to-Rijas-Services&highlight=rick+stowers

You stated "Due to major differences in business models it was mutually agreed that we discontinue our business relationship with Rijas Services at this time."

I don't believe that Rijas has changed their business practices, so you must have changed yours.

As far as you being disappointed in me, well Sir, I can tell you the feeling is mutual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom