Gunbusters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't exactly obey some gunbuster signs on two occasions this weekend. Yesterday I rode the bike up to Woolaroc. They have a sign that sez "no concealed weapons on the grounds" but I was on the bike and only had soft saddle bags with me. I had no way to lock up the gun. I thought about unloading it and carrying just the gun. I then figured that if for some reason I printed and someone complained to the staff, would it really make any difference? I mean, a guy with a gun is a guy with a gun in most people's eyes, even if it was unloaded. So I just carried it as normal.

Then today, I went to trade out my cable box at Cox and again encountered the gunbusters sign. I could have left the gun it the truck but sorta mentally thumbed my nose at Cox and carried it right in.

Was I legally wrong in either of these situations?

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if a crazy shoots they will be saying see see we new it was bad. If a crazy does something and you took action and saved lives then maybe they would change the policy.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that if it is a business or private property that it is just trespassing. My cell phone provider has them, and I go in there all the time. I just double check myself before I go in... which reminds me that I need to wash and wax the truck this week.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
agreed, I was told during my CCW class that this was just the business owner asking for no guns, but all that could be done was tresspassing charges and that's only if you don't leave when asked. But for that to even happen you have to be seen first! :shocked:

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't tresspassing law say they must be warned first? Doesn't say written or verbal. The sign is a non-verbal warning. The right lawyer and jury could make your life rough looking at it that way. Best thing is stay out of those places as much as possible.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesn't tresspassing law say they must be warned first? Doesn't say written or verbal. The sign is a non-verbal warning. The right lawyer and jury could make your life rough looking at it that way. Best thing is stay out of those places as much as possible.

The signs have no power of law.This has been discussed many times.They are merely suggestions that I chose not to take.If they ask you to leave and you refuse,then it becomes a trespass. Steve

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signs have no power of law.This has been discussed many times.They are merely suggestions that I chose not to take.If they ask you to leave and you refuse,then it becomes a trespass. Steve

would you be so kind as to link me to where it states in the oklahoma tresspassing laws it that you can ignore the sign and it only counts if they ask you to leave?

thanks

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
would you be so kind as to link me to where it states in the oklahoma tresspassing laws it that you can ignore the sign and it only counts if they ask you to leave?

thanks

No but the sign says ,usually, a gun with a circle over it with a line drawn accross it.It doesn't say you may not come in.They have to ask you to leave before it becomes a trespass.An ambiguous sign means nothing.Now here's your assignment ,show me a case ANYWHERE in Oklahoma where someone was issued a trespass summons for posessing a firearm on private property without a warning. Steve

BTW,you can believe what you want but I'm perfectly comfortable ignoring the pretty little signs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom