GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

Marksman
Reaction score
For those that care, "Mashburn" Arms is not really MASHBURN Arms.

Art Mashburn was a world-class Oklahoma City gunsmith and cartridge designer who can claim the development of the 7mm Remington Magnum among his many accomplishments. Custom guns that he built pop up fairly regularly at auction and elsewhere (yes, they're worth owning).

He died back in the '70s and his estate sold the business and, apparently, the use of his name to an insolent assclown named Matthews. Matthews supposedly made his money in the oil business (because he sure ain't makin' it in the gun bidness) and also owns Tyler T-Grips, another legendary Oklahoma City-area business that he acquired about ten years ago. (Melvin Tyler had his shop located on Britton just west of Western for many years.)

Unless you just enjoy putting up with a bunch of ********, you'd all be well-advised to avoid any of Mr. Matthews' enterprises. :mad:

OKCGLOCKER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy that runs that place is a total idiot!

Before they moved to their current location I had him place a special order for me. It came from Dallas and he told me it would take only 2 or 3 days. To make a long story short, it took several weeks and when the item finally came in, he tried to charge me nearly double the amount he originally quoted - plus a large shipping fee. After some significantly unpleasant verbal exchanges, he backed off and sold it to me at the originally quoted price.

He has a great looking range, but I'll never set foot in that place again. :puke: :puke: :puke:

I'm amazed that he is still in business with all the bad publicity he gets on the forums. I've NEVER heard or read a good report about that place!

Latest posts

Top Bottom