GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the strange thing is there are places like this in everytown. Tulsa has a couple of its own also. I guess the people that shop at these places are sheeple that have never heard of an internet forum.

AresV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
rlt7272 said:
I am of the same opinion of Gun World as the other posters. I wonder who is supporting this place? Is this a business of a wealthy man who needs losses for tax purposes, or is it an actual profitable business?

+1

I think the only people that buy guns there just don't know any better (i.e. have never been to ANY other gun store - ever) or they are complete fools.

I have a friend who bought a gun there (before I knew him) and I had to bite my tongue when he told me what he had paid for it. Let's just say it was about $500 too high. It was maybe a $750 gun and he paid $1,250-1,300 for it...

The only way I can see them being profitable is through selling their range memberships and then charging the people who are members for hourly range time.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember them when they were on 10th and Penn. I also have two quickies. They charged one elderly lawman $700 for a LE Glock and my other favorite is the guy who paid $259.99 for a .25ACP Raven. Ouch.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One last example then I am done. I went to Kings Archery looking for a specific gun. I had bought there before but I was not a regular customer. I told them what I was looking for and it was somthing that they had to order. If I ordered from them they told my up front that it would be higher than if I went to another store. I did not know this and would have paid their price if he had ordered the gun. He did no have to tell me this but he did and that one simple thing had made me a loyal customer and I try to let others know about it.

Yesterday HOOV posted infomation about a sale where he works. He did not have to, he openly said he does not get commission so there is not monetary benifit to him.

So I ask again, with this type of service available, why would anyone want to be treated like crap, and over pay? Thank goodness for forums like this where we can share information.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oooooh, good; a gun world bash!
I did my ccw class there, a complete cluster-f***. I was never even wathced as I shot my qualifying pistol. I could have pointed my finger and said "bang" 10 times.
When one of the old instructors saw my piece of crap pistol I was going to use to qualify, he scoffed in scorn at my piece. (it was a piece of crap, though)
I think its a haven for fat non-PD leos that get paid by getting 10% off bs prices so they can strut behind the counter and pose with their sidearms.

The have a couple of ****-old reloading presses and they want like $100 for each of these used, boat anchors.

A SA GI 1911 for $500? They have a kimber target II there for like $1400.

I did get the deal of the century there, a couple of years ago. I paid $300 out the door for a sw .38 j-frame in like new condition.

I bought a pearce mag extender for my glock there last week. $10. The lady at the register said, "is that all youre going to buy?"
I said, "that all I can afford here" as I pulled out a fat gangsta roll and peeled off a $50 to give her.
-idiots.

Im going to print this thread off and send this to them in the mail, when it gets a little longer.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
olyeller said:
Im going to print this thread off and send this to them in the mail, when it gets a little longer.

Good idea, but I doubt that it will help. When you are screwing someone, you usually are fully aware that you are doing it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agreed; I really like outdoor america. The ammo is fair, the guns are fairly priced, and accessories always seem to be a fe bucks under msrp.
Its really hard to get someone to help you there, though.
thats my main beef with them.

stepper said:
You could go to H&H or Outdoor America, buy a gun or two, and still have a nice, fat gangsta roll to show off at Gun World!

NavyLT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WooHoo! A four page thread! And a knock-off thread too! You guys honor me! Since someone mentioned their good experience at Kings, let me tell you about my SKS.

I went to Brigadoon's and he had a new box of 5 unissued Yugo's. He had one cleaned up and on display and it was sweet! I offered $150, it was marked $190. Mark said he couldn't do it. I went home and called him back. I offered $170 (I thought that was fair, the online price was a little lower but then there is shipping and transfer). He said come get one.

Naturally, we started looking in the box at the rest because he didn't particularly want to sell me the one he had cleaned all the cosmo off. After finding the defects in the boxed ones, a very disappointed Mark had no problem selling me the cleaned up SKS because it was the best one. He also took about 1/2 hour to show me how to take it apart, where to clean, etc. This SKS is a great shooter! I'll bring it with me on Saturday and some of the two cases of Yugo ammo I got from Mark as well.

With stores that are friendly and seem to be pretty honest, I wish we had the power to shut places like GunWorld down quickly and permanently. Hope to see you all Saturday at H&H, but I will be about an hour late :-(.

Thanks,
John

Latest posts

Top Bottom