GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It ticks me off to no end to have a time limit on the range like they do!!! I can understand if they had people waiting in line and they were packed, but to pay for the time is stupid.

H&H doesn't charge you by the amount of time. I can stand in there and shoot all day if I wanted to, and I had enough ammo of course!

OKCGLOCKER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TurboDog said:
If you will just take the time to get to know the guys at Gunworld it won't take much to see the virtues of the place.

It didn't take long for me to find out the guy I delt with was dishonest, greedy, rude, disrespectful and several other things I probably shouldn't say here. In addition, their range fees AND gun prices are the highest in the metro area.
Why would I want to spend time with someone like that ?????? :smack:

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TurboDog said:
Also, their gun prices aren't set in stone either, just ask someone. You might be surprised.

I WAS surprised when I asked the Mr. Matthews if the $450 AKs behind him were the ones that came over as single stack, then were converted to regular-cap by being ground on, and he said "Nope, those are built originally for hi-cap mags."

"Sweet, can I see one?"

"Yup." (Here comes the surprise......)

WASR-10

Does he lie, or does he know nothing about his overpriced product. Don't care, not going back.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TurboDog, now is your chance to stand up for your beliefs. Where are you? Here boy, here boy... Just kidding. Seriously, jump in, because you are going to need asbestos butt wipe. The flame job you will receive will make you want to join Sigfried & Roy.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turbo, judging by your other post, can I guess you are affiliated with OCSO? Which means you could have co-workers affiliated with GumWorld? It's okay, we aren't nuts, just don't like the store. No biggie, they SUCK!

Jeffro3006mag

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah...even I had a bad dealing with the "Gunworld Clan". People that know me know that I have a real thing nice optics. Was in the MWC area and thought I needed to check this place out, surely they would have some nice scopes iin there. oneword...Swift...Ii couldnt believe it, they must have spent a fortune on building this over-rated dive...and I get Swift...no Leupold. OK..so i cheated a little..looking at the guns I knew the pricing was WAY over inflated...but you know...like a bad car accident you have to look.
Needless to say thats the last time I ever seriously considered buying anything there...H&H is still too close to get raped. If anyone want more info they can visit the Glock Okie section and there was quite a post there about gunworld.

The gun range that used to be at 15th and Air Depot (the old Apollo theatre for us old people) was a excellent facility. Being from the MWC/Meeker Area it was always a pleasent(SP) experience to go there when I was in town. A friend I grew up with was a member and by the 3rd time I was there the owner knew my name and even let me try a couple of handguns on for size. If there was a way for somebody to make a decent range and make a living doing it it would be a quite a blessing for us living in the eastern edge of the metro.The issues i would look into as well as the range requirements would be the cost of the insurance and licensing fees for anything else that may arise. If someone would like to discuss it PM me...I would like to help in the research if at all possible.

For the record.....Kings Pawn are cool people and reasonably priced..hope they are around for a long time enjoy looking at the inventory from time to time.

Takecare-Jeff

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TurboDog said:
Personally I like the place. I never have to wait to use the range and it is always clean. The target carriers themselves are well worth the extra cost instead of having to shoot at the swinging target. Last time I was at H&H, summertime of course, they wouldn't turn the a/c on even though everybody in there was melting. If you will just take the time to get to know the guys at Gunworld it won't take much to see the virtues of the place. Also, their gun prices aren't set in stone either, just ask someone. You might be surprised.

Looks like the feedback got to somebody that works there or..... owns it.

pete156

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TurboDog said:
If you will just take the time to get to know the guys at Gunworld it won't take much to see the virtues of the place. Also, their gun prices aren't set in stone either, just ask someone. You might be surprised.

I don't live in OKC, so I don't have anything to personally gripe about the place.

Customers should never need to "get to know the people" at a business before they feel like their being treated right. A business should always put it's best foot forward from the get go. If I don't like my first experience with a place, they will very rarely get a second chance to make it up.

We had an employee for 30yrs that had one of those personalities. I saw many a customer come through here and that a little offended at the way she spoke or acted towards them. She didn't mean anything by it, but it was just the way she was. Some of those same people did end up requesting her year after year because they did finally get used to her, but there were plenty that either never came back, complained, or requested another person when they made their appt. That never did sit well with me even though she was a wonderful woman. Unless a customer is truly being unreasonable then there is never an excuse for them leave here feeling as though they were treated rude or unfairly.

Also, some people, like me, don't want or like to haggle over prices. I've never been comfortable with it and if the price is too high then I just won't buy.

jmitch12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just joined this site ( I thought it would be a good place to get some good info on shooting and guns) I didn't know that it was a personal bash blog. I have been reading through these posting and it seems that most of you know your guns and are fairly intelligent people.....have anyone of you told the owner how you feel...I was always taught that if you are going to talk about someone, to do it to his face instead of behind his back. Most people are in business to make money and if I am not happy with their prices then I just tell them that they are to high and leave. Their is no reason to bash a person or make fun of them behind his or her back. I realize it is easy to do behind a username on a web page......why don't you do it in person so the party can defend their actions...I thought this would be a great site for gun info but so far all I am finding is small people with small vindictive minds talking behind some poor suckers back....not my kind of site...I think I will look somewhere else.....oh and just so you know that I do not hide behind my user name my name is Jim Mitchell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom