GunWorld in OKC?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with posting our personal likes and dislikes. I understand wanting to make money but to people that are uninformed it is gouging.

jmitch12

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than being a customer and using the range...no I am not employed or have any interest in it. I just think if you don't like someone or some business then don't go there. But people bashing is not the way to make change.

pete156

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But informing a potential uninformed buyer is morally right in my opinion.

I've seen very little bashing and mostly just comments about how much higher they are than everybody else. I hate to say it, but even if it were bashing, that's what the internet is. The free exchange of opinions.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I find a business that treats customers like they should be treated, I like to point it out. I have made several positive posts regarding Kings Archery Brigadoon. I have no business relation ship with either, but I feel like they provide a good service and should be supported. My dealings with Gun World were not positive and I feel that they should not be supported. Will they go out of business because I say I do not like them, probably not. It is not my goal to run Gun World out of business, but there is no reason for anyone to overpay or get bad service if they do not have to.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
jmitch12 said:
I just joined this site ( I thought it would be a good place to get some good info on shooting and guns) I didn't know that it was a personal bash blog. I have been reading through these posting and it seems that most of you know your guns and are fairly intelligent people.....have anyone of you told the owner how you feel...I was always taught that if you are going to talk about someone, to do it to his face instead of behind his back. Most people are in business to make money and if I am not happy with their prices then I just tell them that they are to high and leave. Their is no reason to bash a person or make fun of them behind his or her back. I realize it is easy to do behind a username on a web page......why don't you do it in person so the party can defend their actions...I thought this would be a great site for gun info but so far all I am finding is small people with small vindictive minds talking behind some poor suckers back....not my kind of site...I think I will look somewhere else.....oh and just so you know that I do not hide behind my user name my name is Jim Mitchell.

Mike Farmer, nice to meet ya. I haven't seen any bashing here, just relating of experiences. In fact, if you look, there are waaay more posts on the site about how much someone likes a business, or was really happy with a transaction. Just so happens that the gripes are concentrated to the one or two places where everyone seems to have been treated badly or seen high prices. I for one have been told at gun world that they were unable to have as good of prices as other places, and that it was due to "size". I didn't buy it, but that's what I was told when "saying it to their face" about the rediculous prices. So before you get your dander up, look a little closer.

Now, Welcome to the site, if you decide to stay. As opposed to hiding behind internet names, most of us have met 2 or 3 of each other, and some many more, meeting at H&H or Hinton or other places. Join the fun. I won't hold it against you that you shop at gun world. I've been there, obviously. :greetings

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is my humble opinion that the gun business needs to recruit all the new shooters it can. If we leave a bad taste in someone's mouth by overcharging or high pressure sales and they find out about it (they will), then we have left ourselves with a black eye. We need to make shooting as much fun as we can.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jim, I have no obligation to tell the proprietors of Gunworld that their business sucks....I do have an obligation to my fellow gun enthusiasts to warn them of sharks and gougers in our ranks. Althought I barely stiffled a giggle looking at ammo there one day and asked them what they were thinking. I got some schtick about trying to get a new distributor or something and how there ammo was comparable to other places...yeah right.

Call it bashing if you want, I'll bash away all day.

Otherwise welcome to the site.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why shouldn't I try and promote the businesses that I feel gives the best service or has the best prices? In the same light, why shouldn't give my opinion towards businesses that I do not care for? "Word of Mouth" advertising has been around for years, and it applies to both the good and bad.

It is pointless to tell a business like Gun World that their prices are high, they know their mark-up compared to their competition. Letting others know about their prices or service is the point.

This is a great site with alot of good information. However, it takes people posting their opinions to get discussions started. The discussions are where the best information is found.

Latest posts

Top Bottom