Harley Davidson

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course this is free advice so it may be worth only what you're paying for it. You may want to take a little time and ask yourself what you'll be doing with the bake. If you'll be a solo rider and only riding around town then any harley will do. If you'll have the occasional passenger and doing some miles here and there on the interstate you'll be better off with the dyna or softail with a bigger pillion pad or any electra glide. If you want to spend the day riding to another state and will often have a passenger you can't beat the electra glide. If you passenger isn't too picky the heritage will do well too.

I like the electra glides because I like longer rides, often have my wife with me and I like the better handling compared to the other bigger harleys. Around town cornering and in parking lot/gas pump type environments the elctra glide handles very well.

Truth be told, if I ever move away from the longer rides I'll likely drop down to the heritage.

I like the looks and style of the Heritage. As far as trips, I've never done a real road trip. I think i'd like to try a ride to Florida to see my daughter. Other than that, just inside the state.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FireCop- If taking the plunge, be sure to do your due dilligence. There's a big price spread on new and used Harleys. Lookup trade in values on the used models/ years you're interested in.

Don't fall for the "It has $5K in add on's" and a price that reflects $5K above fair market value. Despite the claims of the sellers, aftermarket accessories depreciate the day they're bought and don't add all that much to the sale value of a Harley. Search ebay's "Completed Items" and see which bikes are actually selling and for how much.

OKC Craigslist has a pretty fair selection of used bikes to look at. Going with a low miles used bike allows you to save cash then blow the savings on overpriced aftermarket stuff.

If you like the Heritage, look at the Road King as well. Smoother ride if you're gonna put big miles under your butt.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look into metrics. Many are designed to look like HD and have more updated engineering for less money. I always have people telling me that they like my HD even though I ride a Suzuki.

<<<<<< '08 Suzuki C50T

bigR73942

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have grown up riding Harley's I have recently been looking as well but at the dyna series so far(still erly in the search ) E&D harley in elpaso has beat the others
14,500 new I may have to buy it !

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks and style of the Heritage. As far as trips, I've never done a real road trip. I think i'd like to try a ride to Florida to see my daughter. Other than that, just inside the state.

Look at a Road King, if you like the way a Heritage looks. SO much better on the way to Florida, or just up to Woolaroc. I'd be glad to help you look at a few used ones, if you like. I'm going to Padre for a week, but I'll be back soon. Not leaving til Friday.

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only ridden a R K Classic a short distance but liked the feel. To tell on myself a little: I thought that the engine mounts we're loose because it seemed like the engine was about to jump out of the frame. I was told that was normal. I really like the Street Glide. I have a couple of friends with SE Tour Glides that swear by them but I don't care for the fairing or the dual headlights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom