Hated to be that guy who complains but today I had my fill....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the WORST experience of my life at walmart about 2 weeks ago when I got my car battery changed out. The teller back by the auto bay was a 19 yr old snot nosed kid. My battery was $75 dollars and the total came out to about $90. Midway between me swiping my card I asked why there was so much tax/such a discrepency, he stated that that was just how much the tax was. I replied back with something like 8% tax is not $15 on a $75 item, his response was 'oh well hurry and pay b/c the line is building up'. At that point I was done with the kid and had to speak to a manager.

The manager takes a full 10 mins to conduct a mini conference with the auto shop technicians and the auto section clerk to see what the problem was. It turns out he charged me some type of battery fee that is supposed to be charged if you dont give them your battery in return. They had my battery so there shouldnt have been any extra fees. The kid swears up and down that he knows what that fee was but he didnt charge me for it and the manager is simultaneously apologizing for his gaffe b/c everyone knows he did.

I paid my $80ish and then asked for my Mitsubishi keys that were behind him hanging on the wall and he says that the tag on the key doesnt match the ticket. I told the kid that there are two cars in the auto bay a Ford and a Mitsubishi and he has only two pairs of keys (Ford and Mitsubishi). I argued back and forth for about half a minute before I had to walk out the store to prevent myself from exploding at my keys being held hostage. The mrs. took over and had the manager come back, the manager reads the ticket and checks the tag on the key and said they matched but the clerk must have misread it.

Battery core charge, you speak of. Sometimes TLE techs can be rude, been there done that

Latest posts

Top Bottom