Hated to be that guy who complains but today I had my fill....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you 1shott. I know they have the things that are important to them covered 1. They sell everything and 2. They are cheap. A goal for any company should be customer service. It doesn't matter if it is retail, wholesale, service industry or food service you greet the customer and do your best to make sure they are satisfied. There is a lot of buisiness to be gained thru customer service. Maybe it is not the same thing but there are very few sporting goods shops I will purchase from and gladly spend the extra money for knowledgable staff and good customer service. I group BP with WM and do not frequent either. I will take Harps right down the rode any day of the week. My wife and I did go to walmart last night because the Reasors did not have the brand of graham crackers she wanted. She commented on the exact same thing. We walked in right past the greeter got the crackers, checked out, and walked back out past the greeter. DID NOT get a HI, BYE, or F-YOU. Just our total bill. My wife was pretty mad. She always says she wants to be a walmart greeter when she retires and for some reason thinks it will be enjoyable. She is one of those rare women that enjoys talking to people. I agree we don't go there for the customer service but there is a general expectation that we will recieve a minimum amount of customer service. That is what they hire the greeters for, to say hi to you and to make you feel welcome. Heck Subway gets it. You barely get the door open at subway and there are five people saying hi welcome to subway. They are in the back of the store. Supercuts is the sameway. I wanted to vent some also.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie, our fire department had a fire alarm there once that was from a heat/air unit problem. Our captain informed one of the managers and said it needed to be turned off until repaired. Manager said we can't do that here, we have to notify ??Bentonville??. We just flipped the main breaker to that unit. LOL

Figures. On overnights, someone would just pick the lock to the cage in the old store so we could turn up the radio.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I'd rather pay $10.00 for a $6.00 pack of toliet paper just so I can have some sweet, kind, caring store employee come sneaking up behind me and say "Would you like me to show you how to use that?". If I wanted customer service I'd go down the street to Billie Bob's Used Car Lot....

powersth

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I should accept rude behavior from someone because they are low paid? Dream on brother.

Michael

No, you should shop at a high end store if u are "high paid." There people are willing to pamper your panzy ass because when they go home they can pay there bills.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hated to be that guy, but when you are not greeted by anyone in that store, even at checkout, with the only words are the total due, WTF?

See now having moved from NJ about 6 months ago your problem was every day life I dealt with. Now I'm not a NJ lifer, lived there for 10 years before that I was in OK, TX and original Calif. My wife is a NJ lifer and she freaks out and says to me "why do these people say hi all the time".

I just laugh and say "they are just trying to break your rudeness".

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you 1shott. I know they have the things that are important to them covered 1. They sell everything and 2. They are cheap. A goal for any company should be customer service. It doesn't matter if it is retail, wholesale, service industry or food service you greet the customer and do your best to make sure they are satisfied. There is a lot of buisiness to be gained thru customer service. Maybe it is not the same thing but there are very few sporting goods shops I will purchase from and gladly spend the extra money for knowledgable staff and good customer service. I group BP with WM and do not frequent either. I will take Harps right down the rode any day of the week. My wife and I did go to walmart last night because the Reasors did not have the brand of graham crackers she wanted. She commented on the exact same thing. We walked in right past the greeter got the crackers, checked out, and walked back out past the greeter. DID NOT get a HI, BYE, or F-YOU. Just our total bill. My wife was pretty mad. She always says she wants to be a walmart greeter when she retires and for some reason thinks it will be enjoyable. She is one of those rare women that enjoys talking to people. I agree we don't go there for the customer service but there is a general expectation that we will recieve a minimum amount of customer service. That is what they hire the greeters for, to say hi to you and to make you feel welcome. Heck Subway gets it. You barely get the door open at subway and there are five people saying hi welcome to subway. They are in the back of the store. Supercuts is the sameway. I wanted to vent some also.

The greeters have a very important job. To make you feel like a thief. You come in buy $300 worth of crap and walk by them with one $10 box of clay pigeons that won't fit in a sack, and they stop you to ask to look at you receipt. Really, I bought and paid for $300 worth of stuff and stole this ten dollar box. This is just one example, but it has happened to me more than once. I've got a bad attitude about it now. I used to stop and humor them, but now I just act like I'm deaf and keep on walking.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLR
So I should accept rude behavior from someone because they are low paid? Dream on brother.

Michael
No, you should shop at a high end store if u are "high paid." There people are willing to pamper your panzy ass because when they go home they can pay there bills.
And here all this time I had been under the impression that rude behavior was a result of an improper upbringing.

Michael

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Government regulations are killing us as well. We are forced to spend billions of dollars on energy saving schemes just to save a few million in energy costs.

Can you elaborate on this? State or Federal? What agency are these requirements coming through? I'm curious. Not trolling here, genuinely interested because this just sounds downright wrong from a constitutional standpoint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom