HATS....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been an interesting discussion. However, in watching a video by The History Guy, I noticed the following photo in it of a bunch of Marines. Evidently, there were tougher Marines back then in that a number of them weren't afraid of their DI's. A bunch in this photo aren't wearing their "cover."

Old Time Marines.jpg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time it was extremely anti-religious for lack of a better term to wear caps or hats in churches. Now, I guess the preachers are just glad to have anyone in the congregation and if they wear hats it's not a big deal. To me it 's a sign of disrespect. These days some guys (younger) wear their cap backwards and I am not sure if they are coming or going. IN the AF, if one was under a covered area such as a service station you didn't have to salute ossifers.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time it was extremely anti-religious for lack of a better term to wear caps or hats in churches. Now, I guess the preachers are just glad to have anyone in the congregation and if they wear hats it's not a big deal. To me it 's a sign of disrespect. These days some guys (younger) wear their cap backwards and I am not sure if they are coming or going. IN the AF, if one was under a covered area such as a service station you didn't have to salute ossifers.

That’s funny; in the Marine Corps, salutes are exchanged more so than them having to be given. I never understood much about the Air Force though ...mebbe ya’ll just different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom