There's still hope for the younger generation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Lots of mixed emotions on this topic. Ya know, all I was saying when I started this thread, is that I was proud of a young man who took his cap off at the table. I realize that this is a lost art, same as opening doors for ladies and standing up whenever you shake hands with someone.

The handshake conversation is a COMPLETELY other animal that I could rant on about as well, but we'll talk about it another day.

Looks guys (and gals :heart:) I'm just one guy, with one opinion. My thoughts and a couple of bucks won't get you much more than a cup of coffee. I was just taught what I was taught and I don't expect the younger generation to understand it at all.

But I know in my heart that those fellers older than me WERE taught respect for people and property, and always, always, always removed their hats at the table. I just don't know why or when they stopped respecting what their elders taught them.

Oh well, I'll shut up now and stop thinking out loud and keep my foolish comments to myself.
No, no . . . we LIKE to hear your foolish comments :laugh6:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, think the founding fathers too off their absurd powder Wigs to write the Declaration of Independence or the constitution?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like a lot of threads, I don't see many people upset here. Some agree, some don't. If someone holds a different opinion than you, it doesn't mean they are upset or angry about it.

Yeah, I know that and trust me, I'm very thick skinned. I just have my silly little pet peeves that while important to me, aren't to others.

I've noticed as I've gotten older, I do more goofy and quirky sheet than I used to. My daughters both say I embarrass them a lot whenever we're in public.

ea3fd0e0-d478-47b3-9353-24449ab7a00e_text.gif

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is courteous as well as being a gentleman to take one's hat off while dining. That's part of the trouble these days, people don't like to follow rules or care if they are courteous. They don't want to follow any rules or for that matter the law and that's why a lot of them resist arrest and end up in the morgue-because they're too stubborn. Sort of ruins a cop's day and the family of the one shot.
i would suspect, a lot of those kids haven't been taught etiquette and such. Manners are taught.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that and trust me, I'm very thick skinned. I just have my silly little pet peeves that while important to me, aren't to others.

I've noticed as I've gotten older, I do more goofy and quirky sheet than I used to. My daughters both say I embarrass them a lot whenever we're in public.

View attachment 387749
Congratulations. You are finally reaching the age in life where you can start to be an embarrassment to your kids, instead of them being an embarrassment to you. Life is good :clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom