There's still hope for the younger generation...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs. GED and I were having breakfast in Shawnee this morning. One of my biggest pet peeves is men leaving their hats on at the table. :pissed:

The practice of removing your hat whenever indoors and especially at the table was drilled into my skull at an early age. It angers me to enter a restaurant and see my elders wearing their hats while dining.

But this morning, my heart swelled when across the way, I saw a young man, about 12-14 years old, walk in with his parents. As they sat down, he immediately removed the cap from his head and placed it on the seat next to him.

As we finished and were walking out, I stopped at their table and commended the man and woman on raising such an outstanding young man, and told the lad atta-boy! :thumb:

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm old and grouchy, but hats at the table don't really bother me. At church the other day though, they had a prayer and some of the ladies wearing baseball caps didn't remove them. Now that bothers me. Every man removed theirs, myself included.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm old and grouchy, but hats at the table don't really bother me. At church the other day though, they had a prayer and some of the ladies wearing baseball caps didn't remove them. Now that bothers me. Every man removed theirs, myself included.

Technically, the bible says women are to keep their heads covered.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs. GED and I were having breakfast in Shawnee this morning. One of my biggest pet peeves is men leaving their hats on at the table. :pissed:

The practice of removing your hat whenever indoors and especially at the table was drilled into my skull at an early age. It angers me to enter a restaurant and see my elders wearing their hats while dining.

But this morning, my heart swelled when across the way, I saw a young man, about 12-14 years old, walk in with his parents. As they sat down, he immediately removed the cap from his head and placed it on the seat next to him.

As we finished and were walking out, I stopped at their table and commended the man and woman on raising such an outstanding young man, and told the lad atta-boy! :thumb:
Stop pushing your morals on me ;)

My parents raised me to figure out the house rules of whatever house you are in. People are all over the place on hats. Some expect no hats on men, indoors, other off during the prayer. My parents don’t care, or do I, but taught me that some do, so try to honor their rules.

I wore a hat while eating by myself in a restaurant today.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is courteous as well as being a gentleman to take one's hat off while dining. That's part of the trouble these days, people don't like to follow rules or care if they are courteous. They don't want to follow any rules or for that matter the law and that's why a lot of them resist arrest and end up in the morgue-because they're too stubborn. Sort of ruins a cop's day and the family of the one shot.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I am out working, am wearing a hat and go to eat at a eating establishment, I leave my hat on.
If I come in the house to eat, the hat comes off.

If I am helping someone on their project and they feed me it can go either way.

If I am going out to dinner (whether restaraunt or someones house) or Church, I generally dont wear a hat to bother with.

If I wear a hat to a party, it will probably stay on.

I try to limit my hat wearing to outside working to help keep the sun out of my eyes or something to protect my noggin & ears when it is bitter cold!

Latest posts

Top Bottom