HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyboy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just called Rep. Duncan's office. The very pleasant lady who answered the phone said she hasn't heard anything yet, but she expected a press release soon. She knows there's a lot of interest in the bill, and so does Rep. Duncan. I suggest everybody call his office at (405) 557-7344 and ask for him to lead the charge on an override.

As soon as you've called him, call your own state representative and state senator as well, and ask for the same. You can find both at http://www.capitolconnect.com/demoassoc1/legislatorsearch.aspx.

fAlGore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there enough time to override this?

Theoretically, yes.

There are 2 weeks left in the legislative session. The problem is both chambers still have a lot of unfinished business and there is the matter of a budget to hammer out.

I would be surprised if an override doesn't get voted on.

On a humerous note, I work with someone who used to work in the Walters administration. She couldn't remember what it was for, but indicated that Walters still holds the record for quickest override of a veto by both houses - 18 minutes from veto to being overriden in both houses. So, it can be done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom