Hearing protection, Whats is your preferance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to your local audiologist and get fitted for plugs with a compression valve. They allow for normal conversation and have around a 24 NRR. I've had mine for years and I love them!

BTW: my wife is an audiologist and this is what she got me and our kids.

Patrick, does your wife have an office in Edmond?

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plugs and Muffs on the line. Elec. muffs or plugs in the field. Yes, I am anal about my hearing protection, but I can also hear really well after 30yrs of shooting...except when my wife is talking to me, for some reason I just have this annoying buzz when that happens. :)

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use plugs and muffs when I am around center fire rifle or pistol. Plugs when shooting .22 rifle, at Red Castle I don't get out of the car without ear plugs in.

I have been using ear plugs for all yard work for at least 15 yrs. After 30 plus years of working in the areo industry my ears ring constantly ,yes I use plugs at work also.

Hearing damage is accumulative ....protect yourselves and the people you shoot with.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got a pair of molded plugs with a baffle, can't wait to try them out. I usually use muffs with pistols and plugs with long guns for the aforementioned reasons. (stock weld)

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outdoors I use the SureFire EP6s. They work great, they are lightwieght and comfotable. When indoors I use a combo of plugs and muffs. I use the Peltor H6A. Again they are cheap and lightweight. I have used the EP6s indoors by tehm selves and they work just fine, but normally I double up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom