Help a newbie shooter with trigger control!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new_glock17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been practicing dry firing my Glock 17 and I've noticed that whenever I pull the trigger, the front sight pulls about 3mm to the right. I've installed a 3.5 connector but that doesn't seem to help.

Any tips on how to correct this? I don't want to develop any bad habits.

Thanks,
Vu

new_glock17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using the first third of the tip of my finger (fleshy part). I'm trying to pull back as straight as I can, but it still drifts slightly to the right as I pull.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be careful about falling into the aftermarket accessories trap before learning the proper way to fire the gun. Go to the range with an experienced shooter and have them show you the way!

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's no fun breaking bad habbits if you don't develop some first.

Have you live fired this gun yet?

Dry fire is fine for developing speed and dexterity but live fire will be the only thing that tells you if you are doing it right or not.

When I first learned to shoot, my dad removed the rear sight from the gun, he said it was just a distraction anyhow. He didn't put it back on till I could hit the target at 100 footsteps. When he put it back on, my shooting got worse before it got better and he just laughed. 40 years later I know why but can't explain it in words.

new_glock17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot about 2-300 rounds. My groups aren't bad at 20 yards. I'd say about a 5-7 inch group? At 7 yards, I noticed that my groups tend to be left of where I aim.

This makes no sense as my dry firing leads me to believe that my shots should drift right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom