Help me pick my next tactical shotgun. S-H-O-T-G-U-N

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’m about to have the funds to finally snag up a respectable tactical shotgun. But I’m torn between two, the Beretta 1301 tactical gen2, and the Beretta A300 ultima patrol.

So, my pro/con list:
1301:
Pro: uh, it’s a Beretta 1301! longer forcing cone, nicer barrel, faster action (I have the same action/barrel combo in my A400 and I love it). Maybe it will retain its value long term?
Con: more money, gotta buy a mag extension/light/sling mount, no optic mount without buying parts. All together, about $400 more for the gun, $450 more for parts.
A300 ultima:
Pro: it’s still a beretta! cheaper, optic ready, forend is prepped for light/sling mount,
Con: it’s not a 1301. single action bar/slower gas system/short forcing cone. Granted, I think it’s still pretty similar to my al390 which I love. So not necessarily bad, but a disadvantage. Might not retain its value as well long term?

I have chokes for both, but I don’t think any of my spare parts work for either, with the exception of the real basic obvious stuff.
Thoughts? Anyone have the A300 ultima patrol? Thoughts?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does this mean you're gonna sell me that double barrel to make room?
Lol no way, that’s now my designated truck shotgun and dog training gun. Probably gets used more than my nicer stuff.

Also, last week it blew a feral cat clean off of a tree at 40-50 yards with some federal pheasant loads. I couldn’t believe it. Stil can’t.

That Turkish built mossy isn’t going anywhere.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only save one damn letter by spelling it "Shotty" rather than "Shotgun". That does two things, the acronym folks don't like it at all because they really save letters like TSG does, and the folks that aren't into brevity look at it and say.... "It only took one more stinking letter!!!
Banish the made-up word "Shotty"!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You only save one damn letter by spelling it "Shotty" rather than "Shotgun". That does two things, the acronym folks don't like it at all because they really save letters like TSG does, and the folks that aren't into brevity look at it and say.... "It only took one more stinking letter!!!
I fixed it for you guys. Saying shotty vs shotgun isn't a means of shortening things, its just slang. In my opening sentence of my post I restated my title saying "shotgun".

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But calling something like a Kmart Boito Double a shoddy shotty, is more fun than a shoddy shotgun. It’s not good enough to be a shotgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom