Help me pick my next tactical shotgun. S-H-O-T-G-U-N

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but in the duck marsh my Beretta 391 is the first gun to stop when things gets a bit dirty inside. My other semis keep running without issue with a whole lot more gunk inside. The beretta shoots nice, but it is the highest maintenance auto I own.

I would look very hard at the Benelli inirtia variants-Benelli/Franchi/Stoger.

As far as one gun being faster than the other, I promise you that all of the semi autos on the market today will cycle waaaaaaay faster than you can pull the trigger.

Last edited:

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, checks every box. But I’ve never seen them in stock.
Get on their "notify me when in stock" list as they do come in stock regularly, you just gotta be quick on the draw when they do! I was impatient and bought a 1301 tactical and wish I would have waited for an LTT built shotgun instead...

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but in the duck marsh my Beretta 391 is the first gun to stop when things gets a bit dirty inside. My other semis keep running without issue with a whole lot more gunk inside. The beretta shoots nice, but it is the highest maintenance auto I own.

I would look very hard at the Benelli inirtia variants-Benelli/Franchi/Stoger.

As far as one gun being faster than the other, I promise you that all of the semi autos on the market today will cycle waaaaaaay faster than you can pull the trigger.
-I have an A400 (same system the 1301 uses) and a AL390 silver mallard, which if I’m not mistaken is the action predecessor to the A300. I have yet to have an issue with either, regardless of abuse, lack of cleaning, or weather.

True, I’m not good/fast enough to outrun either gun. I’ve tried with my Berettas and have no chance.
Benelli? Beretta? Franchi? Stoeger? - So much for "Buy American" :laugh6:
I would be happy to buy American if they made products that were worth a crap. Remington hasn’t made a product without insane QC issues in longer than a decade; they managed to screw up the 870 for crying out loud. Winchesters are now made in turkey, Portugal, or Belgium, depending on the line. Mossbergs mainline offerings are made in the US with a large number of Mexican parts. Mossbergs double guns are made in turkey. Browning follows the trend with Belgium and Japan being their manufacturing mainstays.

However, that Beretta A300 Ultima Patrol that I am considering purchasing is made in the US with US parts. The Beretta 1301 is made in Italy, and when imported, receives US made parts as part of its 922r compliance.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get on their "notify me when in stock" list as they do come in stock regularly, you just gotta be quick on the draw when they do! I was impatient and bought a 1301 tactical and wish I would have waited for an LTT built shotgun instead...
The price is pretty dang good honestly. I may have to see if I’m patient or lucky enough to wait for an LTT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom