Help with gun transfer out of state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's input. After reading the posts here and further reading online I have decided (bite the bullet) and use a FFL dealer on both ends. Possibly avoiding any hassles with FED-EX or UPS or any other hassles. I have purchased guns from Sooner State pawn over the years. So unless someone can suggest a better source of a local dealer for transfer, I will use them. Again thanks for all the info.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading the posts here and further reading online I have decided (bite the bullet) and use a FFL dealer on both ends. Possibly avoiding any hassles with FED-EX or UPS or any other hassles.
Can't blame you one bit for that. I'd imagine that it's a pretty cheap way to smooth out the process.

Bidenisabum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to UPS website it says Next Day Only.

Handguns, as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921, will be accepted for transportation only via UPS Next Day Air Services, specifically, UPS Next Day Air® Early, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS Next Day Air Saver®. (Note: UPS Express Critical™ Service is not available for firearms)."

Last edited:

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kudos to Sooner State Pawn. I went there is morning and transferred a handgun to my brother in North Carolina. The young lady who handled the transfer was knowledgeable and efficient. Could not be happier with the service. The fees including shipping and insurance was very reasonable and less than half of what my brother is paying on his end to receive the transferred gun. So if anyone is looking to transfer a gun I can highly recommend Sooner State Pawn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom