help with jammed ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Help,
Took my ar out yesterday to play with it. First time really shooting with it. Just on some of our land shooting targets. Its a dpms. Shoot 2 mags of 223. Worked great. Had bought 20 rd box of wolf to see how it would do with cheaper ammo. Well 2nd shoot jammed. unable to get it out. Is there anyone in nw oklahoma to handle this or do I need to come to metro. Don't know exactly what to do.
thanks
daddy-o

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Point it in a safe direction and pull the CH and pull hard.If that doesn't work you could spray a little penetrating oil down the barrel and wait a couple days and try it again.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At your own risk, in a safe location (not indoors, clear the muzzle area etc...): Clear the magazine from the mag well and slam the butt on the ground.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, hitting buttstock on ground worked. I can now open charging handle all way. I can see my shell. Primer has been hit, but shell won't come out when i reclose bolt and open it. Do i just stick cleaning rod down barrel and knock it out or what.
thanks

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the field, that's what I'd do. But since you don't know if it is a dud round or a stuck case, do it at your own risk. Did you notice reduced recoil or muffled report when you dropped the hammer on that round?

In all likelyhood it's just a stuck case so a cleaning rod should clear it...

Latest posts

Top Bottom