help with jammed ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddy-o

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
came out with cleaning rod. It was a spent round. Lesson learned. I won't be buying any wolf for my ar. worked great in my ak though. 2 other lessons learned from shooting trip. 1. i will not buy anymore tapco mags for my ak. 2. you guys are the best.
Thank you guys very very much,
daddy-o

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
came out with cleaning rod. It was a spent round. Lesson learned. I won't be buying any wolf for my ar. worked great in my ak though. 2 other lessons learned from shooting trip. 1. i will not buy anymore tapco mags for my ak. 2. you guys are the best.
Thank you guys very very much,
daddy-o

A friend has a stag that has done it twice and another AR once with the Wolf.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ran over 1k rounds of wolf steel and brownbear through my LMT upper with a Wilson match barrel on it and never had an issue with it. My Stag upper has digested every kind of round known to man without an issue either. But I also keep my AR's immaculately clean as well as oiled. I've got a couple of cases of Wolf Steel with more on order so I'm not switching anytime soon.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I recommend you change? I stated that some not all rifles would have an issue not all of them all the time. If your rifle shoots them them great I thouht I read someplace that the warranty would be void if the steel cased ammo were shot through someones upper but I'm at work and don't have the time to find the article heck my brain might be thinking of something totally different so please don't take what I say to heart. Later,

Kirk

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can also place the buttstock on the ground (muzzle upward) and push the chargering handle with your boot. If you must, you can strike it on the buttplate, but can cause damage to the stock. Have done both while in the infantry.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did I recommend you change? I stated that some not all rifles would have an issue not all of them all the time. If your rifle shoots them them great I thouht I read someplace that the warranty would be void if the steel cased ammo were shot through someones upper but I'm at work and don't have the time to find the article heck my brain might be thinking of something totally different so please don't take what I say to heart. Later,

Kirk
Ya', voids CMMG warranty. I've got a DPMS barrel in the shop with a stuck Wolf steel case. Soaked in mineral spirits for over 24 hrs. I've a steel rod just under bore diameter, used a 3# hammer on the rod, case is still there!

Latest posts

Top Bottom