Here’s Why Honda and Toyotas are Unreliable Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking for a manual transmission vehicle seems like nobody makes one anymore very few anyway
Use to find a base model with a manual transmission be good to go
Top end Corolla, Nissan Versa add 3 or 4 grand on, Subaru crosstrex, and Tacoma v6 so far
Still have my 5 speed Tacoma with 260000 on it was looking of a car hard to find

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a V-6 auto-makers can shorten the hoods to make a bigger cab with more legroom.
The v six engine’s are making gobs of horsepower too.
We purchased a 89 Toyota 4x4 pu brand new and still have it. It’s my daily driver, hunting truck, fishing truck, inclement weather choice etc.
Mileage?? Not sure, the odometer locked up when turning past 199,999 and didn’t move for around four years. Now it’s showing 250,000 but it logs miles when it feels like it.
Rebuilt the entire front end about two years ago and the biggest surprise was the ifs front axle shafts. Boots had split and fell apart years ago so I got new ones to replace them. The original ones were in excellent shape they just needed new protective boots installed.
The most important thing about maintaining a Honda or Toyota is to use OEM parts only when possible and keep ALL of the fluids/filters changed at the recommended intervals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom