Here’s Why Honda and Toyotas are Unreliable Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 50 year old El Camino and 28 year old Jeep Wrangler. Both original and running fine. I’m not the original owner but they were and still are taken care of.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think that is a fair comparison, inline 6 from just about anybody were bullet proof. Toyota is no exception in this realm those straight sixes in the old land cruisers are legendary. Ford made some great inline 6’s , Nissan RB26 , Toyota 3FE, i always wondered why they have abandoned that bullet proof design. Rumor is Toyota might bring it back in the land cruiser but who can afford one of those.
They simply weigh a flipp’n ton…..

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that some of the best cars ever built are ford crown Victorias. I’ve driven several with 200k+ miles and have had very few issues with them. One had over 250k miles and handled 140mph without any issue. All of them had been half-ass taken care of, abused, taken off road, and driven by probably 6-10 people over their lives.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was told my 2000 Blazer wouldn’t outlast the loan payments….that was over 22 years and 215,000 mi ago. I believe if you take modest care if it, (nearly) any car will last. The real problem with a car is the driver and/or the cell phone. All those new miracle mandated safety systems just get inattentive drivers in trouble.

We don’t even want to mention the cars ability to lock the keys inside… 🤣🤣🤣

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a Sequoia that was purchased as a lease return one year old. Since then it’s been all over the country and dragged or hauled an encyclopedic list of crap. 315k on the odometer now. Put in a rebuilt tranny at about 180k and of course the common wear items. I go out and pop the hood every once in a while to remind myself that a car doesn’t have to look like Zsa Zsa Gabor’s continental travel trunk. I’m planning on driving it until it just drops like a horse in a spaghetti western desert scene. It’s worth more to me than it is to the market. Momma would put another of the same but newer model in the stable except she hates the hood that you can’t see over.
If its a 4.7 it may never die, I think they have some of those 4.7L V8‘s with over a million miles on them

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved my 78 280Z. But I was the father of two in a two seater car that had to go.

Cool car though, how do you think I got to be a father of two. :naughty:

Could have done what my mom did. Younger brother in front seat, me in the hatch. She even got pulled over like that and they didnt say ****. Just gave her a speeding ticket. This was probably 85? I was 4, brother was 1. The 78 was the last good looking year of the datsun in my opinion

Latest posts

Top Bottom