Hey Guys: Regarding BSing in the Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some people either don't read the stickies/rules or ignore them. They're pretty clear. Even when asked directly in the thread for a price many don't respond.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trade only is ok if you say for example I want to trade my S&W M&P AR for a 1911 of approximately $1000 value. It's not ok to say I want to trade my S&W M&P AR. Then not give any value or tell what you want, hoping someone will pm you offering $2000. That's a silent auction.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I guess I am guilty then. I did not know that "trade only" listings were not allowed. In fact there is even a WTT heading you can use. I have a trade listing up right now. It is trade only because I am trying to trade an AR for an AK. If I sold at a fair price and bought at inflated one I would lose. But a trade is fair to both. Not sure why this should not be allowed. I dont want or need to sell. I dont want cash, I only want an AK.

What kind of AR you got......(oops this isnt the classifieds).....nevermind ;)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, people should quit bitching about "silent auctions"..... and report them. I will say that these ads should be deleted IMO, instead of a "warning" as they get what they want if it's left posted.

Yessir, I reported a particular body of water post. That was blatant disregard for rules. The moment a mod posted in there it should have been locked from view until a price could be posted.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The value in someones gun will be different from the seller and buyer, you guys know that. No one has ever put a value on a trade until this ar craze. Now everyone is bitching about "put a value" on it! I've seen plenty of auctions that state, "Looking to trade X for Y + or - cash where needed" and not one person complained about it and it wasnt "breaking the rules" then, was it? Who the hell can put a trade value on an AR right now? Here's the bottom line, a Smith and Wesson Ar is not worth $ 899. Look on Gunbroker, everyone here compares their prices to them, but we're not going to now? If you don't have an Ar right now and you want one, stop whinning and pay the going price, it's your fault you don't have one and YOU waited too long to pick one up. If you have extra Ar parts, sell them now for what the current value is and good on you!

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only way to fix it:

cache.gawkerassets.com_assets_images_2009_10_custom_1256950366573_banhammer15gq9.jpg

Are we talking about rifles and mags? Or the forum?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess I am guilty then. I did not know that "trade only" listings were not allowed. In fact there is even a WTT heading you can use. I have a trade listing up right now. It is trade only because I am trying to trade an AR for an AK. If I sold at a fair price and bought at inflated one I would lose. But a trade is fair to both. Not sure why this should not be allowed. I dont want or need to sell. I dont want cash, I only want an AK.

WTT ads are fine as long as you describe what you are looking for..... then people can get a general idea of what price range you are talking about. Especially, if you are only looking to trade for one particular item.

However, many ambiguous WTT my AR/Pmag/lower for ?????/whatever ads are coming up and given the current environment it's just a disguised auction. They should state the value they have on their trade at that point.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTT ads are fine as long as you describe what you are looking for..... then people can get a general idea of what price range you are talking about. Especially, if you are only looking to trade for one particular item.
Thats what I think(right or wrong??) As things are now, trade is all I can do. I can't ask the money for an item at what they are selling for, That way it will be fair for both parties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom