Hey Guys: Regarding BSing in the Classifieds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know with the run on guns and ammo, we have some folks offering items for sale at less than ideal prices. Hell, some are price gouging. Others simply see an opportunity to maximize a profit. I've been tempted to post a snarky comment or two myself, but it's simply counterproductive.

By making such comments, you bump the ad up, thus bumping down the ads of other folks who are just offering items for trade or sale. It gives the gouger more attention. Also, it "clutters" up that sects.

We'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from BSing. Certainly, we don't want to give people time outs for it. Just make a note of the gougers for future reference. If they seek to take undue advantage of our community here, it is in all our power to basically "freeze them out." Also, we have no problem with you sending them PMs.

Thanks for our cooperation in this matter (whoops! That sounds too lawyerly ha ha)

THANKS!!!!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, people should quit bitching about "silent auctions"..... and report them. I will say that these ads should be deleted IMO, instead of a "warning" as they get what they want if it's left posted.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know with the run on guns and ammo, we have some folks offering items for sale at less than ideal prices. Hell, some are price gouging. Others simply see an opportunity to maximize a profit. I've been tempted to post a snarky comment or two myself, but it's simply counterproductive.

By making such comments, you bump the ad up, thus bumping down the ads of other folks who are just offering items for trade or sale. It gives the gouger more attention. Also, it "clutters" up that sects.

We'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from BSing. Certainly, we don't want to give people time outs for it. Just make a note of the gougers for future reference. If they seek to take undue advantage of our community here, it is in all our power to basically "freeze them out." Also, we have no problem with you sending them PMs.

Thanks for our cooperation in this matter (whoops! That sounds too lawyerly ha ha)

THANKS!!!!

You need a secretary ... That's "your" not "our" LOL

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need a secretary ... That's "your" not "our" LOL

Well, I'm on my iPad and it was a nasty tendency to autocorrect. Since I am so manic, I just am rushing my posts.

But it's definitely "your" (all of you's) community. Not mine. I'm just happy to be a part of it and am trying my best to make it a better place.

I don't need an assistant, I've got you to call me on when I am acting like a drama queen! :blush:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simple solution. If vacations are going to be handed out for breaking the no bs'ing rule, then vacations should be handed out for anyone who doesn't or won't post a cash price in their ad. Rule 5 states post a price, not "I only want to trade this". Ban the silent auctions. both the OP and the people "bidding". BTW, is there an ignore feature on here? I'd use it to block the members gouging permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom