HEY GUYS!! What do you want to know how to do that you don't know how to do now??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to try out all the stuff/tricks ive learned along the way. By this, i mean id like to actually get my wife to actually participate for a weekend bug in/out drill.

Would also like to get in better shape, im gettin soft with a cushy life style.
Also need to work on my communication. I have none. Maybe HAM or at least a CB set up.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People are always talking about what they know ... I know this, I know that, blah, blah, blah :popcorn:

Yes, yes ... Well I wanna know what you really meant to try this year and didn't get around to ...

Me? (Yes, I'll go first ... Good grief ... I swear sometimes I think you guys are French ...)

I wanna learn how to homebrew beer. I was gonna do this a few years ago and then got distracted doing something else (like trying to figure out how to make these headaches go away) ...

I also want to make kombucha. :teehee: (That's NOT French, btw ...)

For some reason or another I've been on a "fermentation" kick ... I miss my grandma's homemade saurkraut. The store-bought stuff is N.A.S.T.Y.!!

GC is less than impressed with the skills I would like to acquire ... He prefers I just bake ... LOL

I'd also like to get my Appleseed patch and take some rifle classes at Bobby's place in Grandfield. I didn't used to care for rifle shooting but at Henschman's Appleseed I actually had some targets that looked pretty damned good, if I do say so myself. Daniel frankensteined up GC's 10-22 and it fits me A LOT better now. I'm "on the paper" as they say! Whudda thunk it?!?!?

I'd like to get some quail and a dwarf goat but GC is being kinda grumpy about more critters ... sigh ... How'mI gonna make homemade cheese if I don't have a goat to milk?!?!?! Maybe you guys can talk some sense into him ... *sigh*

OK ... NOW it's YOUR turn. What do you want to learn to do?

i once went thru the goat phase. Its fun for a while, i even got up to around 20 head of mini's. It becomes too much work with the small breeds. Im glad to be rid of my lil goats. If i did it over, id get a full size milk goat, but only one. If i do get back into goats, ill get a couple of young boers but just to feed out then butcher.

As for the home brew stuff, since my brown wine/epic thread nite, im DONE with brown floatie alcohol stuff. Ill take store bought FDA/ATF APPROVED drinks ONLY. Lol.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has GC ever ett quail? I'd just get a couple and fry them up for him. He won't give any more grief about that one. :spaghetti:

Goats? Nah, gotta agree with him on those little bastards.

justanotherpatriot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like to learn about Ham radios/communications, Long range shooting class, speed drills, tan hides, hydroponics, manufacture my own b powder, refine my gardening techniques, appleseed class, machining, gunsmithing, braiding with paracord, wouldnt mind home brewing (although I dont drink, just think it would be a good SHTF skill)

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to learn how to make a fire in under an hour!!! I can do it but not nearly as good as I would need in an emergency situation. I would also like to learn to throw edged weapons, especially a tomahawk. There's more but those are my top 2

Matches and gasoline will do it. J/K. Get some ferrocerium rod and a knife and practice with cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly (Vaseline). The tomahawk throwing is fairly easy to start. Back up about 15 feet from a block and, with the hawk held at arms length, raise and throw. Should be one full rotation. Go from there.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to learn how to make a fire in under an hour!!!

I have recently purchased 100 Bic lighters. They were about .57 each plus tax. For $65 I can make a fire for the rest of my natural born life and never have to be tired from bows or whatever.

I need to learn quite a few things.

BB beer is easy. Buy the cheap basic kit go to a place that sells the ingredients and tell them that you know nothing. Take a pen and paper and take lots of notes. Get their number and start drinking grolsch beer for the swing tops.

Milking
Beef Slaughter
Smoke House
Welding
Still
Reloading
Windmill repair
Pump repair
Blacksmithing
Horsemanship
Farrier
Leatherwork
DC wiring

That's off the top of my head.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i once went thru the goat phase. Its fun for a while, i even got up to around 20 head of mini's. It becomes too much work with the small breeds. Im glad to be rid of my lil goats. If i did it over, id get a full size milk goat, but only one. If i do get back into goats, ill get a couple of young boers but just to feed out then butcher.

As for the home brew stuff, since my brown wine/epic thread nite, im DONE with brown floatie alcohol stuff. Ill take store bought FDA/ATF APPROVED drinks ONLY. Lol.

LOL ... I tried to tell you ... We had some goats when I was a kid. My mom made my dad get rid of them when she came out and found them on top of the hood of her brand spanking new car ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom