Hey Scotch Drinkers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buddy....really he's a next door neighbor of mine in Vegas....who's trying to "make" me like Scotch. We usually sit on his or my back patio...we share a fence and are next door condo neighbors. He's always has a bottle of Glen-something or a Bowmore 18 or 23 and a Dalwhinnie , and Dalmore-it has silver horns on the bottle. These are the ones that come to mind and yes...I probably misspelled these. He drinks his Scotch while I drink my Elijah Craig Small Batch Barrel Proof.

Anyways.....yesterday he sent me- in the mail- a small bottle of Glenmorangie-Original 10 year old, a sample bottle of Glen Grant Batch Strength, 1st Edition, 15 year old, Non-Chill Filter/Bourbon Casks and a sample bottle of Glenfiddich The Distillery Edition, Non-Chill Filtered, 15 year old, 102 proof.

In the box was a letter: These are beginner style Scotch, learn to enjoy them and we'll share some bottles when you come out again.

Sample bottle of this:
204529-big.jpg

Sample bottle of this:
insup-shin-1425361752-b7052094d5d4.jpg

and a small bottle of this:
glenmorangie-original-10-year-old-p1528-5533_image.jpg

*** You know.....this American Whiskey/Bourbon drinker has found some Scotch...beginner stuff.....that isn't half bad. I may....may...did I say may...have to get some of these!!!
:sunbath:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really like a peated, smoky Islay scotch or Talisker but the Glenmorangie 10 is pretty darn good. I was surprised how much I liked it.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I partake in an adult beverage (unless it's in the hot summer when a cold gin & tonic seems to taste really good once in awhile) I like scotch.

I've tried several scotches that are considerably more expensive but these are my two "go to / old standby" scotches.....when I feel I want a scotch & water with ice I enjoy Monkey Shoulder but when I'm in the mood to slowly sip it's time to break out the Dalmore.

81rp56wQOyL._SL1500_.jpg
Dalmore.jpg

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda like wine —— some of that high dollar stuff is nasty to me. Low end to the middle is usually where my tastes prefer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scotch is a snob drink.
I’ve had some really old stuff, and appreciate the nuances of it, but it’s certainly not going to be in my line up unless someone is buying it for me.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the sherry finished ones - The Balvenie Doublewood, Glenmorangie Lasanta, Macallan 12, etc. Plenty of others I like, too, but I'm not so much into the peaty smoky ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom