High Rent Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Can you tell me how to convert 36 excel files in an .xls format to a csv or .XLSX format without opening the file and in a short time? Oh, the files are over 200mb each.
i'm positive without even googling there are definitely ways to batch composite xls to whatever. i do this with adobe programs all day between file types; i know it's a thing for office programs as well.

i would google ......okay i did it.

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-change-file-extension/
there's a few options, one involves cmd prompt and the others third party software. the only issue i would worry about are elements/tables/colors etc not always converting correctly but that can always be an issue.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
or run this script:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-to-xlsx/1d9b3d78-daf0-4014-8fb2-930aca6493b0looks pretty straight forward like most batch jobs: place all files in a particular folder, run automated task on entire folder, either save to new folder to overwrite existing files (usually don't recommend, but when batching BIG files (i get this, my images are usually gigs each) i understand not wanting redundancy. but if something goes wrong you also want to keep the original. be sure to run a few tests with some test documents you make. always a good idea.

any time i'm running a photoshop action for the first time i use a burner image. def a good practice.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nope like i said i type *really* fast like 90th percentile.

if i were born in 1950, i would be rich from it and then you'd be renting from me you pleeb. "work"

My folks were born in 1948, both died with no money, a pile of medical bills and no estate so to speak of. Not everyone who is or was a boomer is wealthy from the backs of others.

My folks worked every day all their lives, we faced a lot of hard times, including several evictions, but I will give them credit for one thing, they tried. They may not have been financially secure and things may have been in doubt more often than not, but we never saw a dime of welfare or foodstamps, and I think thats something in itself.

I dont know you from adam, @joegrizzy but sometimes you come across as a very angry guy with a lot of resentment. Not everyone is bad or out to get you.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My folks were born in 1948, both died with no money, a pile of medical bills and no estate so to speak of. Not everyone who is or was a boomer is wealthy from the backs of others.

My folks worked every day all their lives, we faced a lot of hard times, including several evictions, but I will give them credit for one thing, they tried. They may not have been financially secure and things may have been in doubt more often than not, but we never saw a dime of welfare or foodstamps, and I think thats something in itself.

I dont know you from adam, @joegrizzy but sometimes you come across as a very angry guy with a lot of resentment. Not everyone is bad or out to get you.
oh yeah i know, i just talk to the ones who do and did. you know the ones. with the clean hands. not the ones from gotebo lol. my great grandfather was the hardest working man i've ever met, his son....ehhhhh *maybe at one time* lol.

i dunno it's easy to see. i'm sure they say the same thing about us. but we all know each generation is getting a later start. and this is before getting into physical things like endocrine disruption, t counts, etc etc.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh yeah i know, i just talk to the ones who do and did. you know the ones. with the clean hands. not the ones from gotebo lol. my great grandfather was the hardest working man i've ever met, his son....ehhhhh *maybe at one time* lol.

i dunno it's easy to see. i'm sure they say the same thing about us. but we all know each generation is getting a later start. and this is before getting into physical things like endocrine disruption, t counts, etc etc.

All I am saying is most folks get it.

I hate to see what folks pay for rent, its nuts, but thats also between them and their landlord.

We are living in clown world these days and they keep coming out of that little car LOL

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Do world class speed typists get their hands dirty?

Latest posts

Top Bottom