High Rent Prices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Generally the more rent you charge the better quality renter you get.
The first rental our family had was a triplex back inthe 60's and we got $50 a month and they tore the hell out of the place.
Then when I got my own in the 90's they were still tearing them up at $450-500
So we moved up, sold most of the cheapies. Moved to the 900 a month ones, really cut down on damage. Now we are faced with a new problem. Had to go to 1.2k per month because of taxes, insurance, repair costs. But I guess a better grade of renter cause they are not tearing up the place.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$109,000. not sure what you paid, but i'm constantly told if you can't afford things you don't buy them. if someone paid *me* $109,000 i could afford any house, under the condition they paid me more for it.

right?
We bought the house in 1990, raised our three kids in it, bought a bigger house in 2009 and have been renting the "old" house ever sense, although we did do a middle of the road cash out refi in the mid 2000's.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
not when buying a house supports a globohomo FIRE economy that you want burned.

it made sense to buy a house when the american dream was for....americans.
Every way you figure it buying a house when values are increasing builds wealth more than almost anything. Renters usually have poor to marginal credit and next to nothing in the bank. Not all but most. While some choose to rent for other reasons most can’t afford or qualify to buy a house.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Generally the more rent you charge the better quality renter you get.
The first rental our family had was a triplex back inthe 60's and we got $50 a month and they tore the hell out of the place.
Then when I got my own in the 90's they were still tearing them up at $450-500
So we moved up, sold most of the cheapies. Moved to the 900 a month ones, really cut down on damage. Now we are faced with a new problem. Had to go to 1.2k per month because of taxes, insurance, repair costs. But I guess a better grade of renter cause they are not tearing up the place.
Exactly. Low end rent houses get low end tenants. At least with higher end you get people who tend to take better care of the property.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're poor white trash and I fully support all your decisions that solidify your place in society. If everyone made good decisions, maybe I'd just be average. It benefits me greatly to have ignorant people anchoring society. There is a direct correlation between my success and the ability of others to remain failures.

Someone is preaching from the pulpit of the church of the painful truth!

Latest posts

Top Bottom