Hmmmm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Think again, it is hitting Europe too and has more to do with the fact that we are not nearly as active then what we eat. The only problem I have with someone promoting healthy eating is when they do not seem to be leading by example.

Firstly, Large portions of Europe still does not have the obesity and dietary problems we have, and to the extents we have. Italy and France I believe have an obesity rate of under 10%. Spain is a bit over 10%. We're way over those figures.

Secondly, if you think Michelle is out of shape for her age, height, and weight, you're very mistaken. Take a bit of time to see her out of the context that The Blaze or Fox presents her, and you'd see she's perfectly acceptable. She's not attractive to me in the sense of what I find attractive, but she's not overweight like the images try to portray.

rollingout.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_obamaM.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew's son started pre-k this week. The parents were given book of guidelines, rules and requirements.

One of the first things listed - No peanut butter! And the school recommended NOT bringing a sack lunch.

This boy has had a pbj sammich for lunch every day since he has been capable of eating a sammich.

I understand food allergies. My wife and youngest son have food allergies. But this is ridiculous.

Should schools serve nutritious, filling, affordable meals? Absolutely!
Schools refusing fed money for lunch programs? Absolutely, when that money has fed strings attached.

I carried a sack lunch on extremely rare occasions. The school had GOOD lunch. And we had PE and played outside all summer.
My kids were the same. My grandkids constantly complain about school food and carry sack lunches or come home for lunch, mostly from
the garden. Luckily, open campus, small school, close to home.

How much has goobermint spent of our money to produce and run TV ads to 'get out and play an hour a day'. An hr? WTF .

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My nephew's son started pre-k this week. The parents were given book of guidelines, rules and requirements.

One of the first things listed - No peanut butter! And the school recommended NOT bringing a sack lunch.

This boy has had a pbj sammich for lunch every day since he has been capable of eating a sammich.

I understand food allergies. My wife and youngest son have food allergies. But this is ridiculous.

Should schools serve nutritious, filling, affordable meals? Absolutely!
Schools refusing fed money for lunch programs? Absolutely, when that money has fed strings attached.

I carried a sack lunch on extremely rare occasions. The school had GOOD lunch. And we had PE and played outside all summer.
My kids were the same. My grandkids constantly complain about school food and carry sack lunches or come home for lunch, mostly from
the garden. Luckily, open campus, small school, close to home.

How much has goobermint spent of our money to produce and run TV ads to 'get out and play an hour a day'. An hr? WTF .

My question is....should an unqualified person not elected, not selected by any government sanctioned committee be in a position to dictate what all school children eat?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is....should an unqualified person not elected, not selected by any government sanctioned committee be in a position to dictate what all school children eat?

Can she influence policymakers? Sure. Can she dictate national educational policies? Absolutely not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom