Hmmmm.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point is, the one person in the photo who is "bigger" is the one pushing everyone else to eat "healthy". Looks like a few to many trips to McDonalds to me. Age of the photo and that it is photoshopped are just strawman arguments. Unless they photoshopped the size of her rear of course.

Perhaps the other countries' social agendas are determined by the fact they don't have an obesity epidemic like the US does?

You all really have a problem with a person promoting healthy eating?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point is, the one person in the photo who is "bigger" is the one pushing everyone else to eat "healthy". Looks like a few to many trips to McDonalds to me. Age of the photo and that it is photoshopped are just strawman arguments. Unless they photoshopped the size of her rear of course.

The "point" is petty and stupid. IMO. The irony is.... you called the FACT that the photo is fictitious, a strawman argument?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps the other countries' social agendas are determined by the fact they don't have an obesity epidemic like the US does?

Have a gander at the svelte individual in his avatar. I mean, I'm not saying I'm gay or anything, but if I were, ROOOOOWWW! Break me off a piece of that biscuit.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First lady Michelle Obama said something Wednesday school children across the U.S. might have thought they’d never hear: “No one really cares what you had for lunch.”

Obama made the remark during a White House event Wednesday in which she appeared with former first lady Laura Bush to discuss women empowerment around the world.

Obama said the subject can be an ongoing conversation through social media. “I tease my kids,” she said as an aside. “I tell them I want them to use Instagram to take a picture of something really important rather than their food… I mean, no one really cares what you had for lunch.”

Yes, she’s specifically mocking Instagram habits, but, as it happens, no one has been more vocal in 2014 about caring what young people have for lunch than Obama:

On July 18, Obama hosted a kid’s “State Dinner” at the White House to “celebrate nutritious, delicious, lunchtime dishes.”
On June 12, Obama hosted an event wherein “nutrition directors” and students from middle schools in Washington, D.C., came to the White House to gather crops from her garden and make lunch.
On June 10, Obama announced the winners of her “Healthy Lunchtime Challenge,” a nationwide contest for children 8-12 years old which she has held for the past three years.
On Feb. 25, the White House put out a press release that read: “First Lady Michelle Obama and U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announce proposed school wellness standards and roll out of breakfast and lunch programs for schools that serve low income communities.”
On Jan. 23, the White House announced that Obama had partnered with Subway restaurants to “only offer items on its kids menus that meet strong nutritional guidelines informed by federal standards for the national school lunch program, including offering apples as a side and low-fat or non-fat milk or water as a default beverage.”
And that’s just in 2014.

It’s almost puzzling that Obama hasn’t actually started a contest encouraging young people to share photos of their lunch on Instagram.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

That's what I'm talking about. I'll gladly tolerate and even revel in the junk back there. The entire premise of the thread is painfully absurd. Michelle's ass is large, but I bet you could bounce a quarter off it. She has much more lean muscle mass than a person picked at random , like, let's say, RickN. The African race has a more pronounced ass any way. Don't take my word for it, see it in National Geographic. Here is a photo shopped picture of two girls in their twenties compared to a woman in her fifties. They can take their scrawny photo-shopped asses down the road as far as I'm concerned.
They can take them all the way to Ignorant Bend, and they can park them on my face. Hell, I aint all THAT particular.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Think again, it is hitting Europe too and has more to do with the fact that we are not nearly as active then what we eat. The only problem I have with someone promoting healthy eating is when they do not seem to be leading by example.

The "point" is petty and stupid. IMO. The irony is.... you called the FACT that the photo is fictitious, a strawman argument?

Tell all the school kids going hungry that it is petty and stupid. Some school districts are opting to not take fed money so that they can feed the kids.

First lady Michelle Obama said something Wednesday school children across the U.S. might have thought they’d never hear: “No one really cares what you had for lunch.”

Obama made the remark during a White House event Wednesday in which she appeared with former first lady Laura Bush to discuss women empowerment around the world.

Obama said the subject can be an ongoing conversation through social media. “I tease my kids,” she said as an aside. “I tell them I want them to use Instagram to take a picture of something really important rather than their food… I mean, no one really cares what you had for lunch.”

Yes, she’s specifically mocking Instagram habits, but, as it happens, no one has been more vocal in 2014 about caring what young people have for lunch than Obama:

On July 18, Obama hosted a kid’s “State Dinner” at the White House to “celebrate nutritious, delicious, lunchtime dishes.”
On June 12, Obama hosted an event wherein “nutrition directors” and students from middle schools in Washington, D.C., came to the White House to gather crops from her garden and make lunch.
On June 10, Obama announced the winners of her “Healthy Lunchtime Challenge,” a nationwide contest for children 8-12 years old which she has held for the past three years.
On Feb. 25, the White House put out a press release that read: “First Lady Michelle Obama and U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack announce proposed school wellness standards and roll out of breakfast and lunch programs for schools that serve low income communities.”
On Jan. 23, the White House announced that Obama had partnered with Subway restaurants to “only offer items on its kids menus that meet strong nutritional guidelines informed by federal standards for the national school lunch program, including offering apples as a side and low-fat or non-fat milk or water as a default beverage.”
And that’s just in 2014.

It’s almost puzzling that Obama hasn’t actually started a contest encouraging young people to share photos of their lunch on Instagram.

I agree with her that taking pictures of your food just to share on social media is stupid, but since she started this whole thing she HAS to live it too.

Nothing wrong with a little junk in the trunk.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

Unless you are being a hypocrite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom