HOA tells him he can not fly flag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HOA says you can't have an RV in your drive except for 3-5 days while packing the vehicle. Can't put up a fence without permission, not supposed to plant a tree unless it's approved, 20 MPH on the streets (try enforcing that), paint must match other home as well as shingles (roof shingles), no privacy wood fences, no working on automobiles, blah, blah, blah. We're moving as soon as we can fond a house.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lived in a neighborhood in south Okc that formed a HOA 2 years after I bought the house they took me to court and tried to make me join. they lost and had to pay my legal fees. I hate hOA's

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in a neighborhood in south Okc that formed a HOA 2 years after I bought the house they took me to court and tried to make me join. they lost and had to pay my legal fees. I hate hOA's

Good for you! I wondered about that very situation... like @DRC458 said above, though buying into a neighborhood where people keep their stuff up is a good idea. But my grandparents right now live in an area of Tulsa that USED to be a nice middle-class neighborhood. Now, 40+ years later, it ain't, so much. I feel for them, they shoulda moved out years ago when they realized things was goin' downhill. Now it's much too late, of course.

My neighborhood has been pretty stable, but who knows 20 years from now what it's going to be like? I hope to be gone by then into a newer, bigger, better place out in the country where I can blow s**t up and piss where I want. (I have a privacy fence in the back yard, so I can do some of this now, lol).

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HOA told him even before he bought his house. HOA r&r’s are available to the public.
The title should be, “idiot didn’t read the fine print before he bought a frickin house

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys like everyone else, including some on this board, there are good people just trying to make things better and then there are know it all a$$holes. We live in a an HOA neighborhood. No hassles at all. We get more crap from the city of Edmond than the HOA.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys like everyone else, including some on this board, there are good people just trying to make things better and then there are know it all a$$holes. We live in a an HOA neighborhood. No hassles at all. We get more crap from the city of Edmond than the HOA.
4 years after the court case I was replacing fence panels with the exact same new panels and the hoa prez came down and said you didn't get HOA approval on the panels before starting the project. I told him if you say one more word to me they will find you hanging on one of these panels in the morning ...........they never contacted me again

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our last stix-n-brix home was in a neighborhood with a limited HOA. Dues were something like $100 a year and there was very little nonsense from anyone with the HOA. We had looked at a house in a neighborhood just south of this one and if one wanted to park an RV on their property, it HAD to be inside a building that was also architecturally like the primary residence. In other words, bricked and everything. In the neighborhood we purchased in, the rule was simply that the RV could NOT be stored forward of the front corner of the house. We had a concrete pad with electric nearby put in the back yard and a neighbor did the same.

One does have to research an HOA if considering a neighborhood.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I need a HOA to keep people from junking up the neighborhood or opening up a meth lab, I don't want live around those people anyway. I found a great deal a few years ago on a parts truck for one of my Land Rovers. I didn't buy it because I didn't have anywhere to store it except my driveway. I have a project car now but, it stays inside the garage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom